Agents and AARP med supp

Winter_123

Guru
5000 Post Club
I heard roundabout that agents that are appointed to offer AARP/Secure Horizons will also be able to sell AARP med supplements.

Anyone know about that, and commissions etc. What are the med questions on the aarp application like?

Winter

I heard roundabout that agents that are appointed to offer AARP/Secure Horizons will also be able to sell AARP med supplements.

Anyone know about that, and commissions etc. What are the med questions on the aarp application like?

Winter

Not sure about commisions, but it will be a guaranteed issue plan, only question will be if they have ESRD.

Not sure about commisions, but it will be a guaranteed issue plan, only question will be if they have ESRD.

Are you stating that the Med Supp app will only ask about ESRD? This is the case for the MA plans, but not sure about the Med Supp plans. Although, I've always been under the impression the the AARP Med Supps were guarantee issue.

As for commissions, on Med Supps it depends on your state. In Georgia, my contracting paperwork states that the first year commission on the AARP branded Med Supp (all plans except A,K, L, MA Core plan) will be $270 with renewals of $172 for years 2-6.

The MA plans will pay $400 for electronic or telephonic enrollments and $360 for paper enrollments. In California those figures are $550 & $510 respectively.

Do clients have to be AARP members in order to purchase the insurance?

That's a great question and one I hadn't thought of. I would assume that would be part of the process seeing that the AARP name is being used.

That's a great question and one I hadn't thought of. I would assume that would be part of the process seeing that the AARP name is being used.

Yeh but how much does it cost to join AARP. Twenty bucks a year or something like that. They just want members to hawk their products to. They must have an option on the application to check off to become a member for some small amount. Or maybe not on the app but lets just say the paperwork would be nearby. Ya think?

Winter

Well that 50 page contract I recei ved has like three separate contracts for their supplement, ma, and indemnity prods.

Med suppl pays 15%, ma pays400 for electronic, and 360 for paper. Indemnity pays(0) that UHC

AARP brand is $270/supl':indemnity 12% and i don't see the MA complete.

Are you getting any leads from them?

Yes, members only. About $15/yr membership. But remember, it is a 50+ association. The insurance products are available to a broader market than Medicare (65+) and they have good name recognition. For their med sups, they are priced as "community rated" (non-age rated). Therefore, the younger end of the medicare sup spectrum end up paying more, but the higher ages get a break. Think about that when you are comparing med sups.....

I have a stupid question. What classifies an 'electronic' enrollment? Is it, scanning and sending via email? Faxing? Something other? Thanks in advance.

Back