Agent's Answering Machine Message

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
I called an agent this week and he was not in and his answering machine turned on. Next thing I hear is 2-pac rapping. At 1st I thought I had the wrong number, so I try it again. I check the number. It was the right number. After calling him later, his song had changed the answering machine and thought it was cool. His father didn’t see the problem in this. But I bet no one left him a message wanting to talk about insurance.

I can’t tell you enough how important it is to have an answering machine and to have the right message on it. If I was a client calling some of you, I would either think I have the wrong number or never call you again.

Tell us your name, something about insurance, something about how you are going to get right back with us soon, maybe you are busy helping another client, is the reason why you didn’t pick up the phone to start with. Try and sound happy and not down and out. Don’t have some screaming kid in the back ground when recording your message. Check

Don’t have a message like, you have reached 555-555-5555 leave a message. Don’t have rap songs.

Also, if someone leaves you a message, call them back as soon as you can.

I’ve call some agents answering machine and thought to myself. This is the person I want to talk to about buying insurance.

------------------------------------
Mark Rosenthal aka markingriffin
IMO/Ins Agent/Agent Trainer/Free Advice
[email protected] www.rosenthalfiles.com
Click Here to Join my Free Email Newsletter

Last edited:
My all time favorite was from the movie "Second Sight" with Bronson Pinchot.....

"You have reached the Second Sight Detective Agency. We know who you are, and we know what you want. At the tone, please hang up"

Prejudice is too harsh a word.

Experience has taught me that the majority of the time I am wasting time & effort that could be put to better use. So when I get the recording now, I just hang up and move on.

Prejudice is too harsh a word.

Experience has taught me that the majority of the time I am wasting time & effort that could be put to better use. So when I get the recording now, I just hang up and move on.

I basically do the same thing. If they answer, of course I talk to them, but my bias is already against pursuing it, unless I get surprised.

Recently, I got a recording of "Wild Fire" yea, and a guy answered. Naturally, I told him that he had serious issues and I wouldn't be able to help.

I was probably about 8 or 9 when that corny song came out in the 70's, and it embarassed me back then.

Back