AGENTS BEWARE.....DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH NEW ERA HEALTH ADVISORS FLORIDA THEY WILL NOT RELEASE YOU

I’m confused. You haven’t sold a product with them but can’t get released? Go straight to the insurance company and get moved. No biz means you’re ok

The address listed for that company is the UPS store or am I missing something?

1835 E. Hallandale Beach Blvd. #876
Hallandale Beach, FL 33009

I’m confused. You haven’t sold a product with them but can’t get released? Go straight to the insurance company and get moved. No biz means you’re ok

That’s not correct in most cases. Once an agent is contracted SOME companies will let him move after 6-months of no production. But others will require you to wait 6-months after you have CANCELED your contract. There are none that I’m aware of the allow you to move just because you haven’t written anything yet if you have been contracted less than 6-months.

The address listed for that company is the UPS store or am I missing something?

1835 E. Hallandale Beach Blvd. #876
Hallandale Beach, FL 33009

The company could very well be being run out of some guy's parent's basement ... he/she/they is using a rented mail box in a UPS store that gives the "impression" that the business is located in a suite in a business office or park. If they chose a PO Box with the USPS, then the address would be obviously a PO Box. He/she/they are using a mail box in a UPS store to give the false impression of having a physical business address.

We have sat back and listened to some of these comments by CAM and others regarding this thread and it seems more times than not, some individuals on this forum make comments without knowing all the facts, so we feel it is time to set the record straight.

New Era Health Advisors is an FMO with Philadelphia American and works with other FMO’s that have contracted under us in our downline as well as Brokers, MGA’s, GA’s and agents. We are an independent and non-captive marketing organization with Philadelphia American and everyone that contracts thru us to represent Philadelphia American’s products are also independent and non-captive. The individual that started this thread requested a release from us, unfortunately he is under one of the FMO’s that has contracted thru us in our downline. We have spoken with that FMO and he has chosen not to release the agent.

For those of you that are FMO’s or for those that are contracted under an FMO, in a non-captive relationship, I know you will understand and appreciate the fact that we will not circumvent the hierarchy system. Meaning, we will not take an agent away from someone’s hierarchy just because the agent wants to be released, especially if his FMO, MGA, GA or Broker choses not want to release them. If you released people just because, why would someone with an agency get contracted under you knowing you could take their agents any time without their permission or knowledge. Doesn’t make much sense does it? You want to create integrity within the hierarchy system. We are not going to lose credibility with one of our FMO’s, MGA’s, GA’s or Brokers or go behind their back and release one of their agents if they are not willing to release that agent themselves. So, if the agent feels we are the bad guy and wants to write derogatory things about us on this forum, that’s unfortunate, but so be it.

Newby, you are correct, the insurance company has a 6-month wait before the agent is automatically released if the agent has not written any business and also will not allow the agent to move to another organization if they are being lured away just for the purpose of giving the agent a higher contract to leave. Unfortunately, some agents do not realize that some insurance companies have rules in place.

In reference to our Hallandale mailing address, we have been in the insurance business for over 35 years and we use that mailing address because our office is on the beach and there have been times over the years (especially during Hurricane season) when the beach has been closed and as a result, mail does not get delivered (sometimes misplaced by the USPS) and in some instances has been sent back to the sender. By using that address we have eliminated that as well as other delivery issues.

If you have any other questions, rather than writing some unfounded comment without knowing the facts, feel free call or to PM me and I will be more than happy to answer them.

We have sat back and listened to some of these comments by CAM and others regarding this thread and it seems more times than not, some individuals on this forum make comments without knowing all the facts, so we feel it is time to set the record straight.

New Era Health Advisors is an FMO with Philadelphia American and works with other FMO’s that have contracted under us in our downline as well as Brokers, MGA’s, GA’s and agents. We are an independent and non-captive marketing organization with Philadelphia American and everyone that contracts thru us to represent Philadelphia American’s products are also independent and non-captive. The individual that started this thread requested a release from us, unfortunately he is under one of the FMO’s that has contracted thru us in our downline. We have spoken with that FMO and he has chosen not to release the agent.

For those of you that are FMO’s or for those that are contracted under an FMO, in a non-captive relationship, I know you will understand and appreciate the fact that we will not circumvent the hierarchy system. Meaning, we will not take an agent away from someone’s hierarchy just because the agent wants to be released, especially if his FMO, MGA, GA or Broker choses not want to release them. If you released people just because, why would someone with an agency get contracted under you knowing you could take their agents any time without their permission or knowledge. Doesn’t make much sense does it? You want to create integrity within the hierarchy system. We are not going to lose credibility with one of our FMO’s, MGA’s, GA’s or Brokers or go behind their back and release one of their agents if they are not willing to release that agent themselves. So, if the agent feels we are the bad guy and wants to write derogatory things about us on this forum, that’s unfortunate, but so be it.

Newby, you are correct, the insurance company has a 6-month wait before the agent is automatically released if the agent has not written any business and also will not allow the agent to move to another organization if they are being lured away just for the purpose of giving the agent a higher contract to leave. Unfortunately, some agents do not realize that some insurance companies have rules in place.

In reference to our Hallandale mailing address, we have been in the insurance business for over 35 years and we use that mailing address because our office is on the beach and there have been times over the years (especially during Hurricane season) when the beach has been closed and as a result, mail does not get delivered (sometimes misplaced by the USPS) and in some instances has been sent back to the sender. By using that address we have eliminated that as well as other delivery issues.

If you have any other questions, rather than writing some unfounded comment without knowing the facts, feel free call or to PM me and I will be more than happy to answer them.

Perfect write up if you are looking for reasons to spread your business around and not be put into a one sided contract. Someone decides not to release you so you are stuck. They own you for at least the six months.

Independent my ass.

No worries. Not derogatory, just facts. You are locked in for 6 months no matter what. Just be aware of this fact. Never had this situation in 25 years in the business but that is probably because I was always on the life and annuity side. Always seems to be something off on the Health side. Be all free on Dec 15th. Independent......nah, not really.
Agree WinoBlues.

Back