Agents Coming Back to Save Business

Bcrane0305

Guru
100+ Post Club
After a replacement how do you guys like to make sure the previous agent will not be coming back saying anything to conserve the policy? Thanks

Last edited:
Maybe the customer does not really trust you?

I am assuming he had requested information from different companies and the guy who called him pounded foresters is junk down his throat until he could not breathe anymore. I always show my clients the BBB rating as well as the financial security rating. I've come to realize agents behind you will say whatever they have to say to steal your business.

I am assuming he had requested information from different companies and the guy who called him pounded foresters is junk down his throat until he could not breathe anymore. I always show my clients the BBB rating as well as the financial security rating. I've come to realize agents behind you will say whatever they have to say to steal your business.

say or DO as in not even doing a replacement form so you not alerted until after its gone

Let's see.. If you replace another agents business that is OK but if that agent comes back and conserves the policy he had in force, he is "stealing" your business? :err:

Let's see.. If you replace another agents business that is OK but if that agent comes back and conserves the policy he had in force, he is "stealing" your business? :err:

He wrote a NASB policy on him, I am planning on going back tom to conserve him ( was with foresters) how do I make sure he's not going to come back stirring up lies.

He wrote a NASB policy on him, I am planning on going back tom to conserve him ( was with foresters) how do I make sure he's not going to come back stirring up lies.

What company did you replace? For what reason? What company did the NASB write?

How do you know he didn't find a better deal?

But anyway, to answer your original question...

I don't do many replacements but I pretty much say the same thing after the sale to "warn" them about anyone coming in behind me. I do this at policy delivery:

"Mr. Snatchbucket, you know there are alot of agents out there, and believe it or not some are not honest. The reason I personally deliver my policies is to show you in black and white that you are getting exactly the same thing I told you would get. But let me show you a couple of tricks some of these other guys may do to try and steal your plan away from you."

At this point I'll go over the non-fort table with focus on the cash value buildup.."Mr. S...some of them will show you this and tell you that the policy isn't in full benefit for 3 years...see here....but that's the cash value column. Now see this column... (show the extended term column), if you were to make payments for just 15 years the policy will still be good (put your finger on it) for 17 years and 345 days after you stop making payments (YMMV)."

I also explain the contestability section: "Now...see this section? Every life insurance policy for every company in every state has this same part......" Then go over that part and 'splain how it works. "Mr. S...let's say I asked you if you had been in a hospital within the last 4 years...and you tell me "no" so the policy gets approved. Then let's say after 3 years you're going over old medical bills and you discover that it had actually been 3 1/2 years since you were last in the hospital. This section says that if you made an honest mistake then the policy has to pay off after 2 years no matter what! This keeps people from worrying about their policy for years and years down the road. That's a good thing, huh?"

Well, anyway...Happy Easter, y'all...

Back