Agents in South Florida Should Be Busy During AEP

Piece Of The Pie

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
YIKES!!

"Two healthcare giants that usually keep their business dealings behind closed doors have gone public about a potential break-up that could affect more than 100,000 Medicare patients in South Florida.

Humana, whose Medicare managed-care plans have the largest enrollments of any health insurer in Miami-Dade and Broward counties, was first to inform its members that starting Aug. 15 Baptist Health South Florida hospitals and physicians would no longer be included in their provider network.

According to federal data, Humana had more Medicare patients enrolled in a managed care plan through May than any other health insurer in Miami-Dade or Broward."

The company’s Medicare HMO and PPO plans enrolled 43,888 members in Miami-Dade, the federal data show. In Broward, Humana’s Medicare HMO and PPO plans enrolled 62,024 members.

Read more here: Humana Medicare HMO to split with Baptist Health - Healthcare Reform - MiamiHerald.com

CMS really needs to look at the OEP and make some adjustments as to the time available to help all these people. I have over 300 on a MAPD that is more than likely going away at the end of 2014. How am I supposed to move all 300 of these people along with everyone else looking at new PDP's, etc? Let alone trying to take care of any incoming referrals. If we could start around September 15th and go until December 15th I would feel a lot better about my chances of getting to everyone.

Since you already have these people as existing clients go ahead and start setting up appointments now. You can take a scope of appointment up to 180 days (6 months) in advance. That way your time will be maximized.

rent out a nice big space, send the all a letter of where you will be for "one day only" and get writing Oct. 1st. Have them mail the app that they fill out in the room with you back to you and do not open your p.o. box until Oct 15th. totally compliant.

As far as I can tell, the 2 colors (gray and white) are just a way to make the grid a little easier to read. I don't think they have any special significance.

rent out a nice big space, send the all a letter of where you will be for "one day only" and get writing Oct. 1st. Have them mail the app that they fill out in the room with you back to you and do not open your p.o. box until Oct 15th. totally compliant.

It's only compliant if their signatures are after Oct 15th. I got burned last AEP for doing something similar. Had to go back and rewrite 25 apps.
If they send them directly to the "Plan" the signatures can be before Oct 15th.

Back