AHCP Vector One Help

jmarkk1

Guru
100+ Post Club
I wrote some business with AHCP a few years ago and when I left them, I still had a pretty good book of business that stayed on for a few years.

In 2009 I received a letter stating that I owed them money, etc. and I disputed this with them. I received the documentation from them and I had copies of my own statements. The numbers never added up and they could not explain anything to me. Basically, what happened is that their "advances" were set up in such a way that renewal business could never be earned back, or at least that's the way it looks.

When I looked at the numbers, it actually looked like they owed me money, which of course their numbers never showed this. Anyways, based on my experience with them, I am at the point where I'm going to contact my attorney.

Recently they put a Vector One hit on me and this is keeping me from writing business with some new carriers.

What I don't understand is that they "released" me with this supposed debit balance, and now they are Vectoring me.

Has anyone on here ever dealt with this and figured out how to get this resolved?

I wrote some business with AHCP a few years ago and when I left them, I still had a pretty good book of business that stayed on for a few years.

In 2009 I received a letter stating that I owed them money, etc. and I disputed this with them. I received the documentation from them and I had copies of my own statements. The numbers never added up and they could not explain anything to me. Basically, what happened is that their "advances" were set up in such a way that renewal business could never be earned back, or at least that's the way it looks.

When I looked at the numbers, it actually looked like they owed me money, which of course their numbers never showed this. Anyways, based on my experience with them, I am at the point where I'm going to contact my attorney.

Recently they put a Vector One hit on me and this is keeping me from writing business with some new carriers.

What I don't understand is that they "released" me with this supposed debit balance, and now they are Vectoring me.

Has anyone on here ever dealt with this and figured out how to get this resolved?

1st Dispute it with Vector One. You can call them at 888-607-0555. Their fax number is 480-922-7720.

I agree with Mark. Vector One will request that the carrier supply proof of the numbers. If the numbers do not add up like you say, Vector One will likely favor you. If they do add up, you will at least have a record of how they went together.

Am I wrong to assume that I wouldn't have been released from AHCP if there was a debit balance? Or would another FMO just overlook that and allow me to write with them?
Plus doesn't AHCP need to notify me that there is going to Vector? Since them, I've had new contracts and vector hit never came up until a couple weeks ago.

Am I wrong to assume that I wouldn't have been released from AHCP if there was a debit balance? Or would another FMO just overlook that and allow me to write with them?
Plus doesn't AHCP need to notify me that there is going to Vector? Since them, I've had new contracts and vector hit never came up until a couple weeks ago.

They can terminate your appointment for any reason. Debit balance or no debit balance just depends on the management's method of thought. Some will want to terminate you if the balance has been there a while so they just cut their loss and send you to Vector/collections, others will try and promote new business to relieve the balance.

I believe they should tell you that you will be submitted to Vector but they may not have to as it is likely in the agent contract. They very well may just be slow at notifying Vector as well. They might just evaluate accounts once or twice a year then move a bunch at once rather than as they come up. Each company is different in how they work things.

Since AHCP....I've been able to recontract with no issues. Still, the original debit balance was extremely sketchy. My sales reports don't match theirs. They could not explain charges....I just had to accept their numbers.

The contract release they gave you does not release you from the debit balance. They actually did you a favor in this case. Don't make a good thing into a bad thing.

Sounds like the vector hit was just recently submitted, which at least to me implies that the balance was probably still paying down from business on the books, but at this point, there won't be enough to pay it off.

Dan

The contract release they gave you does not release you from the debit balance. They actually did you a favor in this case. Don't make a good thing into a bad thing.

Sounds like the vector hit was just recently submitted, which at least to me implies that the balance was probably still paying down from business on the books, but at this point, there won't be enough to pay it off.

Dan

The original debit balance is what I'm disputing. I was with AHCP for a little over a year, and within the first year I had just a few cancellations/chargebacks of which were paid off by other sales. Based on all months sales sheets their own numbers didn't make sense. It looks like the advances were never earned regardless. Even at 100% persistency, advances would have never been paid off or earned. A year after working for them, I received a 1099 from them even though I never was paid anything. The amount on the 1099 was never applied to my debit balance.

Just food for thought.

Maybe the old IMO added you to vector after having it just now roll up to them.

IMO's can also be members of Vector. Get a copy of your vector and see who reported you. If you think it is incorrect, then dispute it.

Did you ever see a statement from the companies you were licensed with? My contracts through AHCP were direct and the com. were from the companies, not AHCP. I never could make sense of where my renewals ended up, but they were not enough to go to war over.

Back