AHIP 2019

That's simply not true. FMO's do buy books of MA.
Its peanuts if they do. I asked a group a few years back that disnt want to touvh MAPD business. Transfering commissions is a total pain in a$$ too. I shut down my corporation 8/2019 and just finished transfering commissions to myself from MAPD. Its not an area most buyers want to proceed. They would much more like ur life insurance renewals book of business.

That's simply not true. FMO's do buy books of MA.
I know its true bc I tried it a few years back. If its a pain in a$$ now imagine these guys buyn MAPD renewals havn to do certifications or finding somebody to certify. Remember these renewals are not paid unless u take AHIP the rest if ur life plus product training on policies u have on books. If u have 5-10 carriers spread out with clients all those companies require product training each year for u to get paid MAPD renewals. How is some entity going to keep those plates spinning when they just bot ur book. Not as simple as some boast. Do life, dental, med supps.

This is just extra red tape

Oh great, every AEP this guy comes back to complain and post 20 things in a row...usually talking to himself.
Fun times!!

I take the test each year in less than an hour - ez
This is complete, utter bullsh*t.

It's impossible to complete AHIP in anything close to 1 hour because you can't skip over any of the review questions on any of the modules. There are 5 modules, 30-40 review questions per module while working through the module plus a 10 question exam at the end of each module. You can skip the material but can't skip any of the review questions.

This is my 8th year of taking (and successfully passing) AHIP and it always takes a couple of hours even in turbo mode.

This year's exam is a little more difficult because the questions require reading in full, you can't just browse through them. I usually get 98 or 100 on the 1st time through and this year passed with 92, to me that indicates that lots of agents who struggle on the 90% are going to be taking it multiple times.

Add to that the fact that some insurance companies require that you pass AHIP within the first 3 times or lose your renewals for the year and it's absolutely stupid to just assume it's an automatic 'pass' and not take it seriously.

The only agents who don't take it seriously are those without a Book of Business to protect.

It's impossible to complete AHIP in anything close to 1 hour because you can't skip over any of the review questions on any of the modules. There are 5 modules, 30-40 review questions per module while working through the module plus a 10 question exam at the end of each module. You can skip the material but can't skip any of the review questions.

This is my 8th year of taking (and successfully passing) AHIP and it always takes a couple of hours even in turbo mode.

This year's exam is a little more difficult because the questions require reading in full, you can't just browse through them. I usually get 98 or 100 on the 1st time through and this year passed with 92, to me that indicates that lots of agents who struggle on the 90% are going to be taking it multiple times.

Add to that the fact that some insurance companies require that you pass AHIP within the first 3 times or lose your renewals for the year and it's absolutely stupid to just assume it's an automatic 'pass' and not take it seriously.

The only agents who don't take it seriously are those without a Book of Business to protect.

Believe what ya wish - I know my past results.

However - 2019 / 2020 won't be the same. I learned that yesterday while observing a team mate work on his . . .

I didn’t keep track how long I took last year but I didn’t read anything, clicked the first answer in every module and moved on quickly. Passed my first time. Again, I’m not sure it was an hour but it wasn’t long.

That said, this year I’m hearing it’s tougher. So I may suck it up and actually read some this year.

I didn’t keep track how long I took last year but I didn’t read anything, clicked the first answer in every module and moved on quickly. Passed my first time. Again, I’m not sure it was an hour but it wasn’t long.

That said, this year I’m hearing it’s tougher. So I may suck it up and actually read some this year.

That's what I did last 2 years before this

I tried that this year and 1st time though I got 86, However, most of the questions I had issues with where not in section 5 and 6 so I had to go through sections 1-3

Still, I clicked through the Blah blah blah, but this time I took the practice tests more seriously

gFKrSKv

That's what I did last 2 years before this

I tried that this year and 1st time though I got 86, However, most of the questions I had issues with where not in section 5 and 6 so I had to go through sections 1-3

Still, I clicked through the Blah blah blah, but this time I took the practice tests more seriously

Both of you are successful Medicare agents and know the business so am not surprised you could cruise through in past years (I did the same thing)-anyone who doesn't know Medicare regulations and is trying to use the training material as a basis isn't going to have an easy time. It probably took me about 90 minutes this morning and, as I said, my score was 6-8 points lower than normal. I would not have even passed with 92 had I not taken the time to read and answer each review question within the module. Lots of these questions are easy to answer correctly but there will be 2-3 per set that require careful reading before answering and it seemed like those came up frequently on the final exam.

I also completed the UHC, Aetna, and Humana certifications today-they are pretty easy and Humana has a link about the exam questions to look up the answers before answering. The one that always almost nails me is Wellcare, I don't have the stomach to try that one right now.

gFKrSKv

Both of you are successful Medicare agents and know the business so am not surprised you could cruise through in past years (I did the same thing)-anyone who doesn't know Medicare regulations and is trying to use the training material as a basis isn't going to have an easy time. It probably took me about 90 minutes this morning and, as I said, my score was 6-8 points lower than normal. I would not have even passed with 92 had I not taken the time to read and answer each review question within the module. Lots of these questions are easy to answer correctly but there will be 2-3 per set that require careful reading before answering and it seemed like those came up frequently on the final exam.

I also completed the UHC, Aetna, and Humana certifications today-they are pretty easy and Humana has a link about the exam questions to look up the answers before answering. The one that always almost nails me is Wellcare, I don't have the stomach to try that one right now.
Wellcare have some questions that are not in the modules. I could not find the answers.

Back