AHIP 2019

Lol. Good point. I'm 61. Been in this business almost 35 years and I'm not crazy about taking a test that goes beyond testing your knowledge to determine renewals. Every year. Plus CMS wants us to act like robots and never discuss anything by any means unless the potential client gets up with us. Really?
When FMOs start complaining things will change. My FMO said they are worn out during AEP. Imagine having 10 companies to do product testing ontop of AHIP for 20 employees screaming burnout

I agree. CMS handed this product over to insurance companies to manage but still want total control. The independent agent is NOT independent ..... for life w one product.

Yeah, and CMS found that agents were being predatory in marketing practices and didn't know wtf they were talking about when they sold zero premium.. thus AHIP.

As I've posted or hinted before, with some pushback from at least one of the gurus here....selling MA plans is an iffy proposition going into the future. Before you jump on me, I am on that bandwagon as well.
The handwriting is clearly on the wall. Agents are being marginalized into extinction. The companies (carriers) have their internal sales competing with us (independent agents), and at times stealing our business. The Medicare.gov site is set up where people can sign themselves up, without the help of an agent...is this trend at its peak or just starting?
Yes, for now the you have your book, you have your referrals, and get your renewals as there are still lots of older people and T-65's that are technophobes. And many are just behind the technology wave, though that is clearly changing. So you/(we) will still sign up lots of people. As time goes on, and the subsequent crops of T-65's start to roll in, they will be doing it on their own. It's your choice whether you care to see it or accept it, but it's abundantly clear to me that is how this will play into the future.
Make hay while the sun is shining, I say!

As I've posted or hinted before, with some pushback from at least one of the gurus here....selling MA plans is an iffy proposition going into the future. Before you jump on me, I am on that bandwagon as well.
The handwriting is clearly on the wall. Agents are being marginalized into extinction. The companies (carriers) have their internal sales competing with us (independent agents), and at times stealing our business. The Medicare.gov site is set up where people can sign themselves up, without the help of an agent...is this trend at its peak or just starting?
Yes, for now the you have your book, you have your referrals, and get your renewals as there are still lots of older people and T-65's that are technophobes. And many are just behind the technology wave, though that is clearly changing. So you/(we) will still sign up lots of people. As time goes on, and the subsequent crops of T-65's start to roll in, they will be doing it on their own. It's your choice whether you care to see it or accept it, but it's abundantly clear to me that is how this will play into the future.

I disagree. People will always want help. Car salesmen have been told for years that they won’t be needed anymore. Yes, that’s a tangible item but insurance is confusing. We aren’t going anywhere unless it’s medicaid for all.

Your post doesn’t bother me though. I shouldn’t try to defend MAPD, the less competition, the better for me. I’m close to 50/50 Med supp vs mapd sales but I live in FL.

I disagree. People will always want help. Car salesmen have been told for years that they won’t be needed anymore. Yes, that’s a tangible item but insurance is confusing. We aren’t going anywhere unless it’s medicaid for all.

Your post doesn’t bother me though. I shouldn’t try to defend MAPD, the less competition, the better for me. I’m close to 50/50 Med supp vs mapd sales but I live in FL.
Just like in the jungle...the strong will survive. :yes:

I often think most people would be better off worrying about their business instead of telling people how to run theirs.

I'm in an MA heavy state. This year I'm not doing MA, because I'm 100% inbound and not sure how that's going to transition yet. I have a backup system to make money this year, but if it becomes something I can't ignore, I'll probably certify next year.

That being said, I'll never take the renewals as a core part of my business. Their are two many variables.

I’ve had a good many contact me for help who enrolled on the internet or on the phone and can’t get the help they need from the carrier; this is especially troublesome for DSNP enrollees who have limited minutes on their phones because they spend 15-20 minutes getting to the person who can help them, many times they don’t get help because they have hearing issues, are functionally illiterate, etc.

Back