AHIP 2019

Oh boy. Here we go with the, “ahip is a pita”. How about a thread that starts with, “if you struggle with AHIP you are either new or just need to find a new profession”.

I kid !...maybe

My thing is I can't actually get into AHIP Training. Keeps timing out and saying too many redirects. Their support hasn't been much help either.

What a pain in the neck?

Yep Chazm, you were right. Here they come once again...

It's a PITA, but guess what? You get paid RESIDUAL INCOME. Doctor's have to show up and treat patients to get paid, lawyers have to trade their time to bill and get paid....we do AHIP, sell insurance (and do NO AHIP if you just sell Med supps), and have the ability to get paid while sitting on our hands.

SUCK.IT.UP and quit your bellyaching. Many people who complain how hard AHIP is are also the ones who aren't knocking it out of the park with a highly successful business. Always convert complaining time into "learning and applying" time.

Remember the most successful people are the ones who continually do what unsuccessful people don't want to do. And they don't complain about it, they just DO IT. Become that type of person, it's worth it.

It's a PITA, but guess what? You get paid RESIDUAL INCOME. Doctor's have to show up and treat patients to get paid, lawyers have to trade their time to bill and get paid....we do AHIP, sell insurance (and do NO AHIP if you just sell Med supps), and have the ability to get paid while sitting on our hands.

SUCK.IT.UP and quit your bellyaching. Many people who complain how hard AHIP is are also the ones who aren't knocking it out of the park with a highly successful business. Always convert complaining time into "learning and applying" time.

Remember the most successful people are the ones who continually do what unsuccessful people don't want to do. And they don't complain about it, they just DO IT. Become that type of person, it's worth it.

In a Medicare group on FB, some are claiming that AHIP training says no more Med supp cold calls.
I know it can’t be right.

I understand the need for AHIP although it is a PITA. However, I can't understand why we need to repeat much of the material on every insurance companies certification. Their certification should be about their products and reporting complaints.

I agree with the reporting complaints and some things

However, Nothing annoys me more when a carrier has many specific questions on specific plans in specific counties

I mean how hard is it to read a summary of benefits, But to memorize each of these specifics For each product in Each county When you Work in a dozen states is crazy

I have not seen it like that for a few years, But several years ago there were a couple of carriers that did that, Real PITA for no reason, When you just pull SOB when you need it, For a prospect, and it is all there

Oh boy. Here we go with the, “ahip is a pita”. How about a thread that starts with, “if you struggle with AHIP you are either new or just need to find a new profession”.

I kid !...maybe
I won't call it a struggle, but a PITA. Yes I am new.
Finding a new professional is not an option. I was making a statement not complaining.

SUCK.IT.UP and quit your bellyaching. M
( Lord have mercy. That was a statement not a complain. Yes AHIP is PITA. Some agents cry taking Ahip. Not me though.)
people who complain how hard AHIP is are also the ones who aren't knocking it out of the park with a highly successful business. Always convert complaining time into "learning and applying" time.

You did read my comment in the wrong way! I was talking to those who struggle with it. If you don't, then the statement was not meant for you.

You did read my comment in the wrong way! I was talking to those who struggle with it. If you don't, then the statement was not meant for you.

I read your comment just as you wrote it. You started a thread (and you're new so perhaps a little background will help...there are more complaining threads each year about AHIP then there are of any success stories) and your first sentence was complaining how AHIP was a pain in the neck.

So you're new. Welcome. I'd suggest reading MY post again. That wasn't to bash you, it was to help you. Approximately four out of five agents fail the first year they start this business. That means four out of the five parachutes when you jump out of the plane won't open, and there's an 80% chance we won't see you around here next year. You're only about the 5000th person to post something like this, only to be dust in the wind later.

Why such a high failure rate? It can mostly be attributed to the #1 killer of all success, both personal and professional. A Short-term mindset. They all want the prize, but few embrace the process. Those who embrace the process realize AHIP is just another tiny thorn in their side, they hammer it out without blinking an eye, then go count their residual incomes on their spreadsheets. I'm merely suggesting you, and others, take that attitude to heart and begin with it NOW. Embrace the process and hammer down.

ALL success relies on over 80% psychology, and 20% mechanical. That means no matter how many times someone on here asks how to do something, or what they should do, even if given the perfect formula (And believe me, the perfect formula has been given multiple times on this forum more than enough for people to succeed), there's a very strong chance they will still fail. Simply because of their own mindset, or psychology. They'll give up or find excuses in their mind that there is a better way somewhere else.

That being said, I'd love nothing more than to see you and many others become part of the 20% who succeed. Wear out the search button above and if you have other questions you can't find answers to, then ask away.

Back