AHIP 2019

There were weird things like a question about, Under 65 ESRD when qualified for Medicare, I looked it up on medicare.gov said If Getting dialysis self-administered at home right away qualified, But If in skilled nursing after 4 months

Yep, I had that question too. I read it and was all WWUUUUUTTTTT???

Had to open the Googlebox and learn something new.

Last edited:
I don't struggle with AHIP(when I do it), but I do find it to be a huge PITA. :yes:
Its a p-i-t-a
I had a worse time last year bc I wanted to just blow thru it. Been at this since 2005 and never put too many folks after that initial year into MAPD bc I didnt trust the govt program.

The good
Renewals are nice

The bad
Red tape to sell a single person
Red tape training for renewals
Red tape for training each company
Red tape training to market
Red tape training to talk to a single person
Red tape training

Did I say red tape?

I didn't know that. They have nothing available in my area any way.
Yes i had UHC 80 clients on PFFS 2007 then they decided to leave the next year my sevice area. All the paperwork to get folks on board just to do it all over again the next year.

Kids, beware this is a govt subsidized program. Could take renewals away tomorrow if they want. Its not a true insurance industry product.

What will be fun to see is how many 80-90 year olds will still be taking AHIP to get their renewals. Mark this post 40 years from now lmao

That's my perspective. At some point, I'd just sell my book because I don't want to deal with it anymore. I may sell MA in the future to round out my portfolio of products, but MA will always be icing and never the cake.

You can take the AHIP as many times as necessary. You get 3 tries. If you can't pass it in 3 tries, you have to pay again for 3 more tries, etc. :err:

If you can't pass it in 3 tries, you probably shouldn't be selling it. :no:

The carriers have a limit of 3 tries per year. :yes:
Heres the deal. U have a stroke next year and have some cognitive challenges and have been selling MAPD for ur retirement for 10 years. Ur book of business is 50,000 renewals a year. U cant pass AHIP let alone wipe ur own a$$. Good luck with those 3 tries. Anyone who wants to refute this post can go talk to some FMOs who are experiencing this very tragic scenario. They are pushing CMD to do a 3 year window for veteran agents but still does not resolve the health issue for some. My FMO last year was on the phone with a 76 yo man probably 80-100 hours coaching him bc of issues.

Not right

That's my perspective. At some point, I'd just sell my book because I don't want to deal with it anymore. I may sell MA in the future to round out my portfolio of products, but MA will always be icing and never the cake.
Ur renewals of 50k will not be bot bc they dont buy MAPD renewals for this very reason. If they ever did change it would be peanuts not worth it

Back