AHIP and Product Training annual nightmare

I think we have too many agents selling MAPD. I don't think MAPD are going away anytime soon. If you look at the enrollment numbers, in 2007 you had 8.4 million enrolled in MAPD plans in 2017 you have 19 million or 33% of all Medicare Enrollment, by comparison 23% on supplements, & 34% on employer plans. The supplement enrollments have steadily gone down, & the reason you see MOO getting into the MAPD & PDP market, they see the trends. I believe more and more people will enroll in MAPD, they are very similar to employer plans but a heck of a lot cheaper. People now are used to paying copays & deductibles.

One of the reason I don't think MAPD will go away is that they are great at catching FWA compared to Medicare. I had read a few years back that Medicare spends more in fraudulent claims then they do on the Medicare Advantage program, not sure if that is still true. The Kaiser Family Foundation has a ton of great information.

An Overview of Medicare

when the competition disappears so will commissions
That's the one thing I agree with. We're seeing this is several counties already.

Two years ago UHC made a big deal about their penetration in Clark County (Vegas). They have something like 70% of all the MA business here and announced they want this to increase.

*** agents int he room were clapping like this was a good thing. Let UHC (or another carrier) hit "critical mass" and there will be no need for agents to sell their product. They'll just keep it internal and allow seniors to contact them.

Rick

i sold for a company like that

i think the craze is losing its luster especially all the hoops to jump thru just to sell the product

only med adv req continual ahip until u die to be paid, that not the insurance business thats govt red tape

That's the one thing I agree with. We're seeing this is several counties already.

Two years ago UHC made a big deal about their penetration in Clark County (Vegas). They have something like 70% of all the MA business here and announced they want this to increase.

*** agents int he room were clapping like this was a good thing. Let UHC (or another carrier) hit "critical mass" and there will be no need for agents to sell their product. They'll just keep it internal and allow seniors to contact them.

Rick
*** agents like to brag how quickly they pass ahip too

the meat on the stick is going to get boney when providers atart pulling their products in certain counties bc reimbursement sucks by government

i think what many youngsters dont realize is when product gets pulled from the county service areas ur book of business goes to zero

happened to me with UHC PFFS
im surprised thi w/o any product training w them in 12 years they still pay me in that one case left w them?

I thiught they dont pay renewals if u don't do training

BCBS pulled out of Ohio one year
guess what happened to all those commissions

MAPD is a bad clone of the insurance industry

ride the horse for awhile longer but
dont bet on it bc its gettn old

Back