Ahip and Product Training Time

Conniecr

I'm newly contracted with Anthem, Blue Shield, Wellcare and Humana...about how much time will it take to do the AHIP training (hopefully I just have to do once), and then the individual product training for MA, PDP and Medsup? If it matters, it is for California.

Thanks!

If you are brand spanking new to the industry I'd set aside a week to get through AHIP and the company certs. At least.

Here's a tip - When taking the AHIP test open Google in a separate browser to search for answers to the questions that make no sense. I STILL do that because there are STILL questions that make no sense. lol

I definitely had to set aside time just for Humana. The first time around that thing is a "beast". After the initial time it isn't to bad though. If you have multiple carriers to do. Take your time, take breaks from staring at your screen or book and never finish the material then take the test later. Always do it while the material is still fresh in your mind. Good luck! :biggrin:

I come from the p&c side and just tested for the first time at the beginning of March. It does take a while. I took Wellcare first, then the AHIP. From there I took Humana, etc. It took about 3 days to do Wellcare, about 3 days for AHIP and so on.

I did take several breaks and cut myself slack on the weekends to wind down some. About half way through the process, I broke into tears one afternoon because I was overwhelmed with information. After that, I regained my momentum. By the time I got to the end of the others, I was breezing through.

I come from the p&c side and just tested for the first time at the beginning of March. It does take a while. I took Wellcare first, then the AHIP. From there I took Humana, etc. It took about 3 days to do Wellcare, about 3 days for AHIP and so on.

I did take several breaks and cut myself slack on the weekends to wind down some. About half way through the process, I broke into tears one afternoon because I was overwhelmed with information. After that, I regained my momentum. By the time I got to the end of the others, I was breezing through.

I cry through mine also...

Now that Ive done it a few times, every year I just click through the documents quickly and take the test. If I dont pass the first time, then I go back a pay a little attention the second time. I dont think ive ever failed the second time. But if it comes to that, Ill use the "phone a friend" lifeline as I take it the 3rd time.

Back