Has anyone else failed the 3 attempts for AHIP Medicare Certification and what were the circumstance

• Knowkedge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Time

• Too tired

• Interference

• Not prepared

• Total voters
I was tired, and aggravated, it was 2am, for some reason I thought it would be a good time to take the AHIP Medicare Advantage exam, and failed all 3 attempts. I purchased another set of 3 and passed the first time, easy peasy. But the insurer will not accept anything outside of the first 3 attempts. So, I am looking for some good “extenuating circumstances” to ask for reconsideration.

missed by two then one twice last year and was done for the season. Back this year, passed on the first try. My problem with testing is two fold, I will rush through and I will change correct answers into wrong ones by over thinking.

This year on any question I wasn't sure of, I marked down and went back to recheck my answers. Used almost all the time this year, instead of half. scored a 96% A lot of these depend on your test taking skills. I try to blow through tests, now I have learned to use that extra time to revisit questions that I blew through but wasn't 100% certain.

Good luck

First time I just clicked next while drinking some good Scotch in order to get to the exam and missed by one question. It really upset me! Especially considering the fact that AHIP wants you to LEARN, but doesn't tell you what answers are WRONG.

My 2nd attempt I got a 96...good enough for me. The carrier tests are definitely a lot easier and look nicer. Aetna wins IMHO. My advise is to find a carrier who accepts a 2nd set of tests or just sell Medigap plans instead and deal with AHIP next year.

Back