AHIP studying and Carrier certification for MAPD

JJ2713

Guru
Is there any actual studying required for the AHIP certification? Does the final test contain the same or similar questions to the modules?

Same for the carrier certifications. Any studying for those? Is it a test or just a walk-through of their plan?

If you are new you should study unless you are super smart...

Many seasoned agents can just click thru the slides and take the exams and pass without much effort...

I always suggest to new agents to take their time and learn all of the material to become the most knowledgable agent in the Medicare space.

And all the material is just in the slides before the test at the end? No material from external sources (books, etc.)?

As for AHIP most of the questions on the final come from the review quizzes. You can just skim it & take the final then hope you pass. I personally read it, I get a lot of money in renewals that I am not willing to gamble away by failing AHIP.

I sell in multiple states, so I do review the carrier certifications & take my time on those as well. I guess my best advice is to be a professional, suck it up & take few hours to invest in your carrier knowledge. All the carriers along with AHIP time all these certifications. If you buzz through all of it, they know it.

If someone does not want to take the time necessary to become an expert on the products they sell, they should do something else.

People on this forum should read the posts by goillini52 on his advice reading UW guidelines for supplements for each of the carriers. He probably does not have a lot of declines because he know his stuff. He calls the carriers to find the niches.

Agents waste a lot of time & effort by not learning everything they can & figuring where your products you represent fit with your clients.

Yeah I get that AHIP sucks, & it is repetitive. Suck it up buttercup.

AHIP Medicare is not easy for the 1st year agent. I really pisses me off when people tell newbies that they can just wing the test. Years ago I worked in a Medicare agency and I saw how people were constantly failing the test. This years AHIP was the toughest AHIP that I have taken in my 8 years of doing Medicare. Now granted, I could toot my horn and tell people how I passed it on the first try, but I know that it is a hard test. You get 3 chances to get a 90 or better, and if you cannot pass, you are out for the season with most carriers.

If you are new to Medicare, then I recommend that you download the slides for each of the chapters. Once you go through all of the chapters, then go through the slides. After that, go back into the modules and take the end of the sections tests again. Then know where each area is in the various slides and be prepared to visit them to review.

Back