AHIP Tips and Tricks?

Sorry for all of you experienced agents that just pass it on the first try, but AHIP is hard for the new agent. This years AHIP put different questions on it that I did not recognize. I worked in a Medicare only agency and watched people not be able to pass it. You are not a stupid person not to pass it. Medicare is a tough product if you do it right. Shame on all of you for making a person feel stupid because the had trouble passing.

You must have the fastest computer in the world if you got through it in 20 minutes. It is impossible to go through all of the modules and actually take the test in that amount of time. You would know this if you had actually taken it, but because of your remark you just told on yourself!
This something that I hate in the industry that people just go and take the test and pass. The financial services is hard. Just passing the L/H test is tough these days. I stood there and watch people constantly fail when I took it. I find talk like this as a form of bragging.

I’ve always passed this thing pretty easily, but I speak with many agents that have failed it several times.

Other than telling them that most all of the questions are taken straight from the quizzes do y’all have any other helpful strategies?
Each module has slides associated with it. Download each slide PDF for each module. Save it on your desktop. Then review each slide group for each module. This way you will not have to go through that constant clicking to each slide in the course. Make notes of where things are. Then go back and take the various test questions. When you take the test for the 1st time, jot down the questions that you are having a tough time and what the questions is about. Some of the sticking parts of the test are Cost Plans and PFFS and MSA plans, pay attention to how the drug coverage is included or added on to this plans.

Best advice to new agents "STAY AWAY" FROM MAPD unless you want to take a week of certifications every year. Its not insurance when they can strip you of your commission in a county when gov't decides to pull back funds reimbursing companies. It's gonna happen just a matter of time. BEWARE

PDF files now have boxes on them that make it literally impossible to efficiently look up necessary related material in modules. Who in their right mind changed Acrobat reader search to this pathetic inefficient manner to sift thru a file. Unbelievable

PDF files now have boxes on them that make it literally impossible to efficiently look up necessary related material in modules. Who in their right mind changed Acrobat reader search to this pathetic inefficient manner to sift thru a file. Unbelievable

Are you just pissed about life in general or something? Many agents who actually do MAPD don't feel about it in the same way you seem to.

maybe not yet
they will
ur assuming bc my view if a govt run program out of touch w the field is angry ay life interesting . Need less yes men and more entrepreneurs

life is good

Best advice to new agents "STAY AWAY" FROM MAPD unless you want to take a week of certifications every year. Its not insurance when they can strip you of your commission in a county when gov't decides to pull back funds reimbursing companies. It's gonna happen just a matter of time. BEWARE

I probably have 200+ MAPD clients on the books. It takes maybe 4-5 hours out of my life every year to recertify. And that's for all the carriers I represent.

Perhaps you should find something else to do. Clearly this is the wrong business for you.

Rick

impressive rick u must feel great about urself

some of us find ourselves pushing/lobbying for change when there’s a stinch in the air

i can smell a change coming
brace urself and ur 200

Back