AIM Guaranteed Issue Insurance

newindc

Anybody ever here of AIM Guaranteed Issue Insurance? Just saw their website and they are looking for health insurance agents. They will set you up with free leads and your own website all you have to do is sign-up online. Is this a legitimate company?

Anybody ever here of AIM Guaranteed Issue Insurance? Just saw their website and they are looking for health insurance agents. They will set you up with free leads and your own website all you have to do is sign-up online. Is this a legitimate company?

Post the link to this website so that we can see what you are talking about.

This

https://aimhealthplans.com:1445/index.php?fuseaction=home.plans&agentid=mw1672

or this?

We'll Give Free Leads To Health Insurance Agents

Individuals, families and groups should discuss with the insurance agent the importance of HIPAA compliance regarding pre-existing conditions and portability. AIM Health Plans utilizes America's largest PPO network (Multiplan), over 500,000 providers, and offers impressive savings when network providers are used.

You do realize that limited benefit plans are not HIPAA compliant, right?

This thing has been floating around for at least 2 yrs, maybe longer. Supposedly Pan Am was the issuing carrier, then it was Chesapeake, then Fairmount.

I poked around a bit, but not that much. Failed to see a carrier. Major red flag.

I note they are using an online app now instead of a paper one (which had never been filed in GA and probably not in any other states either).

You might want to throw this one back.

GENWORTH LIFE AND ANNUITY INSURANCE COMPANY1/10/20058/31/2009STATEPalm BeachJOHN HANCOCK LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY1/10/20038/31/2009STATEPalm BeachUNICARE LIFE & HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANY7/17/20078/31/2009STATEPalm BeachSTERLING INVESTORS LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY5/16/20078/31/2009STATEPalm BeachHUMANA HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANY OF FLORIDA, INC.8/10/20048/31/2008STATEPalm BeachALLIANZ LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY OF NORTH AMERICA6/4/19988/31/2008STATEPalm Beach
HEALTH(0240)
Company NameOriginal Issue DateExp DateTypeCountyMUTUAL OF OMAHA INSURANCE COMPANY2/27/19978/31/2009STATEPalm BeachCAREPLUS HEALTH PLANS, INC.6/1/20058/31/2009STATEPalm BeachVISTA HEALTHPLAN, INC.7/1/20018/31/2009STATEPalm Beach

Has to be from one of the above, if it is a legit plan.

Thanks all. It did look like a bit crazy. Trying to switch from life to health and saw this site for new agents. Thanks for the warning.

100% bogus

AIM Health Plans has its place and is not "100% bogus", as somarco states. Where people get into trouble is when they try to pass this off as an actual Major Med plan, which it is not.

It is clearly a defined benefit health plan that should be marketed to only two types of clients: 1) Those who are medically declined for Major Medical insurance, & 2) Those who are priced-out of Major Medical insurance. Marketing to any other groups is clearly irresponsible. Furthermore, AIM HP has never had the first negative issue regarding HIPAA compliance issues. Also, paper applications are used as well as online apps.

Somarco, go do your homework before you open your blow-hole concerning matters on which you are not well-versed. :idea: I thought that I taught this lesson to you back on the ACA thread. :no:

pass this off as an actual Major Med plan

You must mean things like the websites that claim it is HIPAA compliant. Apparently that does not mean your definition of bogus.

Perhaps a course in remedial English is in order.

A few questions for you.

Which carriers name appears on the application? What is the policy form number that is reference in the marketing material and on the app? What is the revision date on the app? Has your state approved the plan and app? Are you certain?

You must mean things like the websites that claim it is HIPAA compliant. Apparently that does not mean your definition of bogus. Perhaps a course in remedial English is in order. A few questions for you. Which carriers name appears on the application? What is the policy form number that is reference in the marketing material and on the app? What is the revision date on the app? Has your state approved the plan and app? Are you certain?

Somarco, first of all, I speak and write perfect Southern English and have no need of remedial English. Secondly, if the plans are being sold to folks who need something like this and it benefits them, then why should you stress yourself out by yelling at the rain and trying to discredit something that is beneficial to someone. You know, you'd feel much better if you'd just quit bitching about everything and get the facts straight before you show your ignorance in public. The fact is that there are some people who need a plan of this nature. Some folks are priced-out of Major Medical. Some folks are not able to be medically approved for Major Medical. So, chill out. These folks need a little protection, too. You sound like someone who has never studied the benefits that can be received by the client.

The plans are HIPAA compliant in that if someone comes to the plan presenting a certificate of creditable coverage, they will receive proper credit toward any waiting period for pre-existing conditions. Also, someone leaving the plan will receive a certificate of creditable coverage.

The carrier/underwriter is American Medical and Life Insurance Company out of New York.

As for the forms, I have them all if someone would like to see them. Each product has its own brochure and enrollment form.

The carrier/underwriter is American Medical and Life Insurance Company out of New York.

I did some due diligence on this thing about two years ago. I believe there may even be some old posts (how far back do the archives go?).

Caught up with the guy "marketing" it, in I believe, Valhalla NY. No business listing of any kind, guy workin' out of his house with a cell phone.

Called American Medical & Life (in NY), and talked with their CEO. He told me specifically it was NOT approved in Florida, even though the marketing stated that it was.

Bottom line: best to check with your state's DOI to make sure it's approved - if not you could be in deep sh*t!

Back