AIM Guaranteed Issue Insurance

Caught up with the guy "marketing" it, in I believe, Valhalla NY. No business listing of any kind, guy workin' out of his house with a cell phone.

Same deal.

Lou DeLuca at Insurance Resource Group.

At the time he called the product Health One. Said it was fully insured and Chesapeake was the issuing carrier. Finally sent me an app which I turned over to the GA DOI.

Here is what I got back from the DOI.

Bob:

The specimen you provided had a number that seemed to follow the pattern of their filings, but was not a match, and did have a TX suffix included that would seem to indicate it was probably a state of Texas filing, rather than a Georgia filing.

Tom Carswell

In later correspondence he went on to say the policy was not filed, or approved in GA. Further, the policy would NOT be approved based on the marketing information provided.

He also said it was not HIPAA compliant . . .

Not that it would mean anything to those who think they understand HIPAA.

The guy would talk to me while washing dishes and feeding his dog. I never felt comfortable with it.

Sent it to a buddy in OH who also ran it by the OH DOI.

Same kind of feedback.

Paul, you know this, but for those who are trying to follow the bouncing ball, limited benefit plans are not considered creditable coverage by any carrier.

In most states, STM plans are not considered creditable coverage.

States are allowed to pass laws that are less restrictive if they wish, and Georgia has deemed STM to be creditable coverage when transitioning back to group cover.

Moonlight & Margaritas,

I posted a message on the IRG-AIM thread. I would appreciate it if you could read it and private message me. Thanks.

Also, you make premium payments to "IRG" - Insurance Resource Group that has no website, no physical address. they listed a NY address that turned out the be bogus.

After several emails they told me they're based in DE, not NY - I asked why they list a NY address; no reply. I asked why premiums when into their bank account when "IRG" has no business listing.

they, to date, will not provide their physical address in DE nor will they explain with "IRG" doesn't seem to be a company filed in any state.

2 years back they said they were underwritten through Chesapeake - that proved to be false and "company headquarters" turned out to be a house.

What difference does it make if they are paying claims or not?

If the product is not properly filed with the state DOI (which it is not), and all attempts to track it back to a carrier or real business address, why would you want to sell it?

premiums seem to go into their account yet they are obviously not the one cutting claims checks. so how does the insured know that they are forwarding the premiums to the underwriting carrier?

Assurant collects the premiums for AIG/Suite Solutions however Assurant is not operating from a cell phone with no established business address

They are on the TX website {TDI}. I guess that's why it is posted above that somebody got a TX application in GA or whatever.

Latest posts

Back