Aliera / Ensurion / Trinity - anyone else not being paid?

dnelson530

Expert
I have had a handful of clients with Aliera HSM memberships for years and no issues. I had a new sign up in early December, then I did not get a commission in December. I found the agent line asking for a message and they would call you back, but no one called back. My broker page is still up, but the links to look at clients (members) are no longer there. All red flags, right?

When I call the regular customer numbers I get actual people but they have no knowledge of what is going on and just refer me back to the "leave a message" agent support line.

I told them today they had 24 yours to alleviate my concerns or I would have no choice but to find my clients other coverage as I had no faith (pun not intended) in them should my client have a cost to be covered.

Anyone else having this issue with any of the Aliera companies? I have seen some of the issues they have had in the past and don't care to go into that, just want to know if anyone has insight into the current status of the operation.

From what I have found out, Aliera is being sued and/or removed from the market on New York and New Jersey. They have laid off a large number of staff and have cut broker commissions by more than half, but they did pay us recently.

I have found another HSM to offer my clients.

I am a bit put-off my the agents that use this post to rip on HSM's. They are not for everyone, and you might not want to sell them, but that does not mean you have to troll and flame brokers who offer this option.

So far the only carrier that has not paid me commissions owed was one of the co-ops started by the ACA nightmare. The federal government did not send them the funds promised and the state said they did not have enough reserves to continue. They raised the funds from private investors and the state and feds still would not let them continue, and I was never paid $5000 in earned commissions. This HSM has lowered commissions, but still paid them, so if you are looking to trash a section of the industry, the government is the largest obstacle to affordable coverage, purveyor of bad ideas and insane policy.

Back