All MAPD plan analysis + Search and Save; Sunfire

sshafran

Guru
1000 Post Club
NC
I primarily use S&S (Search and Save) for the Rx feature and also like it for getting the landscape of the MAPD in a county.

But there are errors.

In my county, it failed to show a SNP.

S&S simply said they'd see if connecture was going to add it....

Also in my county they had wrong OOP Max data. I got it corrected.

Now today I find out that the Part B giveback filter has been in error in several counties that I rarely work in but have had some prospects recently...

Very annoying.

Several times I told clients, "no, there is none with a giveback here other than XYZ..." and based on S&S giveback filter, there wasn't. But, there was. I don't even remember who all I said that to this year. Not easy to try to figure out who I gave bad info to based on an error in the tool.

I use Sunfire for enrollment. I noticed today that they had that info... But I've heard they don't always show every plan. I've not verified.

So. I may use the "CMS Source Files" and make my own database for my plans in my common counties.

Question:
Is there a way to quickly filter for giveback on Medicare.gov? Played around with it a little today and didn't see it.

Any reliable source for it - error free? Any CMS Source Files?

I get some Rx's having some bad pricing info - that seems next to impossible to get fully right. But not getting giveback and out of pocket correct? That's just lazy on Search and Save. A service we pay (cumulatively, a lot of money for) should do better.

Back