Allstate Agency Owner Event ?

mkmaem

I have been invited to attend an Allstate Agency Owner Event . As i am considering a move to the Insurance industry and looking at opportunties
as an agent or possibly a producer to start I am interested in attending as a fact finding mission . The even will cover - Allstate eductation program , products , support , rewards , bonuses and commisions . I am interested in how enhanced commissions , potential to merge or aquire multiple agencies and how they potentially support new agents financially . Any other questions i should be considering ? Yes i know , there will be several " Run Away " Dont Go ! , Go Independent comments . However as someone making a career transition , that has sales experience and little to no applicable Insurance knowledge or experience , this may be my best route . Thanks in advance

Did you end up going to the event?

Did you learn anything?

Before you jump in with one company, be sure to talk to a bunch of them. I always find it revealing when I talk to agents and ask them why they chose the company they did and their answer is, "I don't really know."

I'm fine with you going captive over independent - just do a lot of homework.

Well they are pretty complete with a projection for expenses and expected revenue. As for a new agency they are definitely pushing hiring and office manager / CRM and producers ASAP. I feel like the sales projections are aggressive if not overly ambitious. I am going to look at Nationwide as well .

Back