Allstate and Progressive end relationships with local insurance agency due to alleged racist Junetee

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania
Allstate and Progressive end relationships with local insurance agency due to alleged racist Juneteenth sign - CNN

Photos taken Monday, which CNN has obtained, show a sign taped to the inside window of the Harry E. Reed Insurance agency in Millinocket, Maine.

“Juneteenth ~it’s whatever… We’re closed. Enjoy your fried chicken & collard greens,” the sign said.

According to CNN affiliate WGME, the person who says they posted the sign issued an apology on Facebook, writing in part on the company’s page: “I am so sorry for any pain I have caused and the negative attention it has brought to our beautiful community.”

If they actually cared... they would not have posted a racist sign in the first place.

Also, there was no law requiring the agency to close. Carriers might have been closed... but I was working on Monday like many other insurance agents.

This racist just wanted to make their racist point of not supporting a holiday celebrating that a group of people are no longer being abused/raped/tortured/murdered.

P&C shops were open in my area.

People lost their minds

He closed when he didnt want
even though he didnt have to

to make a statement that he should have known would have consequences
A statement that proves nothing, does nothing, Other then to piss people off

I just don't get it

It would have been a bad statement, Even if he had to close

But if he didnt, then its just baffling

But if he didnt, then its just baffling

Agree. When I saw the pic of the sign I was confused why someone would think that wouldnt ruin their agency.

Some people just want to make a point I guess.

I also think the "hype" against it in certain circles blinds people to the consequences of their actions. They grow comfortable saying certain things in their fb groups or chat groups.... and dont realize how extreme the view is to the majority of people. They live in their bubble and believe their views represent the majority.

Agree. When I saw the pic of the sign I was confused why someone would think that wouldnt ruin their agency.

Some people just want to make a point I guess.

I also think the "hype" against it in certain circles blinds people to the consequences of their actions. They grow comfortable saying certain things in their fb groups or chat groups.... and dont realize how extreme the view is to the majority of people. They live in their bubble and believe their views represent the majority.

their views represent the majority

I don't think that has anything to do with it in fact that thinking is dangerous

when you make it about views having to conform to the majority your talking about thought control and the line can move depending on who is interpretation it

We should not have to conform or views to fit what's approved by the majority

What the issue is, Is intent, the intent was to hurt or harm without cause or reason, There was literally no point other then to harm

For that reason it is wrong

And much more so because its against a specific group or of people, Just because they are they and no other reason

Not because it disagrees with the cool crowd

Right is right and wrong is wrong regardless of what the majority thinks

Majority can change its thinking, as was in Nazi Germany and many other places, In fact much racisms and genocide was born out of majority opinion

This did not make that right then either
However right and wrong is eternal and does not change

their views represent the majority

I don't think that has anything to do with it in fact that thinking is dangerous

when you make it about views having to conform to the majority your talking about thought control and the line can move depending on who is interpretation it

We should not have to conform or views to fit what's approved by the majority

Im not saying they have to think the same as everyone else. Im saying they believe their views are held by the majority, so they do not expect the consequences that happen when they express those views.

And I do not agree that the majority of people are racist or hold racist views.

Im not saying they have to think the same as everyone else. Im saying they believe their views are held by the majority, so they do not expect the consequences that happen when they express those views.

And I do not agree that the majority of people are racist or hold racist views.

I just meant the majority view can change, the larger group are followers it just is, See how the majority in Germany changed just before and during hitler, Its happened else where many times and has lead to genocide

Many people set their views on what they think the majority thinks

Many people are followers, There is a heard mentality, I've noticed this for some time, its funny though, this just came up with one of my sons , He said he seen it on the brain games show, there are actually scientific studies on this

What I am saying is majority view should not dictate in such a way

However right and wrong should, a thing like this is wrong and that is just black and white not subject to majority view

Just like in some areas the majority views is it is justified to be violent against police, burn building terrorize buis owners and steel from the people they perceive to be rich,

This does not justify because in that area it is the majority view, The propaganda is spreading this view and If the maj of the country goes that way and the pass laws as such or turn the other way at these crimes as some do now

It still does not make it right or justified

Just like in some areas the majority views is it is justified to be violent against police, burn building terrorize buis owners and steel from the people they perceive to be rich,

This does not justify because in that area it is the majority view,

I would highly disagree. The majority of people who protested were not being violent.

Back