Allstate BS

nyc2phi

Guru
1000 Post Club
Competing against Allstate on a home that the insured is closing on and was sent to me by my mortgage guy.

The quote the prospect got from Allstate includes a multi-policy discount and a claims free discount. The prospect has no other policies with Allstate and he has a claim on his primary residence.

Do you ever come across this with Allstate policies? Are their agents just throwing in discounts?

Allstate agent might not have run the reports...also an agent can put auto discount on home but it will eventually be taken off, also if the agent does too many of these and they get caught they get in trouble...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SO HAPPY TO HELP!!!

1.) That multi-policy discount will drop off within 30 days if they don't issue the auto..guaranteed.

2.) For Homeowner's Insurance Allstate runs the driving record & auto CLUE reports for the named insured's in addition to the home CLUE. Advise the insured that must happen before their rate is accurate w/ Allstate.

3.) With Allstate's system for new home purchases, it's commonly known among the agents that by using the new home address & no prior address...you can circumvent their system finding previous homeowner's claim. Advise the insured this is insurance fraud if they sign the application & a future claim could be denied. Maybe present that less abrasively & say they really need to have the agent confirm that in writing (if he says some B.S. excuse like they don't care about claims on previous primary homes.) Allstate rates claims on any primary home the insured has owned in the last 5 years.

4.) BIG ONE HERE!!! If they don't have the "roof surface extended endorsement" on that quote, they have ACV for roof losses. IN ADDITION EVEN IF THAT ENDORSEMENT IS PRESENT, THEY WILL ONLY OFFER REPLACEMENT COST COVERAGE FOR THE 1ST 10 YEARS OF THE ROOF'S LIFE. Then it reverts to ACV. It may be 15 years for metal roofs...

5.) Allstate is ACV for detached structures.

6.) Allstate homeowner's provides named peril for contents which obviously doesn't include ice damming (maybe you can endorse all risk?)

7.) Allstate sucks

8.) Allstate did just remove the sinkhole exclusion so everybody is getting that for free.

9.) Allstate did just remove their 2% named storm deductible

10.) Allstate SUCKS

I hope you eviscerate that Allstate quote. And if you see the "drive wise" discount on the auto they are giving 10% up front..however they need to plugin a monitoring device that after the 1st 6 months they will "re-evaluate" your driving habits and remove a portion of (if not all) that discount automatically

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SO HAPPY TO HELP!!!

1.) That multi-policy discount will drop off within 30 days if they don't issue the auto..guaranteed.

2.) For Homeowner's Insurance Allstate runs the driving record & auto CLUE reports for the named insured's in addition to the home CLUE. Advise the insured that must happen before their rate is accurate w/ Allstate.

3.) With Allstate's system for new home purchases, it's commonly known among the agents that by using the new home address & no prior address...you can circumvent their system finding previous homeowner's claim. Advise the insured this is insurance fraud if they sign the application & a future claim could be denied. Maybe present that less abrasively & say they really need to have the agent confirm that in writing (if he says some B.S. excuse like they don't care about claims on previous primary homes.) Allstate rates claims on any primary home the insured has owned in the last 5 years.

4.) BIG ONE HERE!!! If they don't have the "roof surface extended endorsement" on that quote, they have ACV for roof losses. IN ADDITION EVEN IF THAT ENDORSEMENT IS PRESENT, THEY WILL ONLY OFFER REPLACEMENT COST COVERAGE FOR THE 1ST 10 YEARS OF THE ROOF'S LIFE. Then it reverts to ACV. It may be 15 years for metal roofs...

5.) Allstate is ACV for detached structures.

6.) Allstate homeowner's provides named peril for contents which obviously doesn't include ice damming (maybe you can endorse all risk?)

7.) Allstate sucks

8.) Allstate did just remove the sinkhole exclusion so everybody is getting that for free.

9.) Allstate did just remove their 2% named storm deductible

10.) Allstate SUCKS

I hope you eviscerate that Allstate quote. And if you see the "drive wise" discount on the auto they are giving 10% up front..however they need to plugin a monitoring device that after the 1st 6 months they will "re-evaluate" your driving habits and remove a portion of (if not all) that discount automatically

Thank you. That actually really does help a lot.

I found a carrier on this one that is actually beating Allstate's rate even with all that crap they have in there!

That ACV on the roof is reason enough to never buy a home policy from Allstate..

I had a roof claim and a hail claim on my own house with Allstate.

There claims service was horrible, and they will low-ball like
crazy on the payouts, IMO.

Their roof coverage is the worst I have ever seen.

You didn't mention who you were using to compete against Allstate. That could make a difference on some of the things you use to shred the Quote.

Back