Allstate Buying Independent Agency Answer Financial + Esurance

robtmccarthy

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Let me start by saying I am not an Allstate agent. But I was just doing some reading, I know I am a bit behind as the deal was announced in the end of May.

But anyway, have any of your noticed that Allstate isn't just buying another insurance company Esurance. (Makes Perfect Sense .. sucks for their agents) But also buying Answer Financial which is an agency. Answer Financial offers quotes from lots of the big name insurance companies. *read somewhere it is one of the largest agencies as well.

I just cannot understand how that one is fair to anybody. How can an insurance company own an agency that writes with other insurance companies?

Just wondering what other peoples thoughts were.

Re: Allstate Buying Independent Agency Answer Financial + Esuranc

Just saw the CEO of Overstock.com on TV and he said they were now offering home and auto through their web site. I checked it out and it turns out they have a deal with Answer Financial. I was curious because I wasn't sure if Overstock was acting as a lead service, but it appears not. Looks like a partnership with Answer.

Not sure how Allstate fits into this. Interesting. It just seems like home/auto/life is getting more and more consolidated with either direct carriers who advertise a lot, or these big indy agencies with lots of money to partner with these other companies, like Overstock. Is this the way of the future? I'm a health and life agent, and didn't get run out of business by ehealth so who knows??? May get run out by Obama though.

Re: Allstate Buying Independent Agency Answer Financial + Esuranc

Nobody ever said Allstate plays fair.

The only obligation they have is to the bottom line of their stockholders and to line Tom Wilson's pockets with over $10 million a year.

Latest posts

Back