Allstate Producer Compensation

decmammal

I can't get on board with this and I would like to know if I'm being dumb.

Backstory: I've been Producing at an Allstate agency for six months and it's my first job in P&C. The job would work like this (when I accepted it):

$1,000 per month base
11% on all premium sold
No renewal commission
provide customer service on all accounts I sold
4 agency provided leads each day IF I cold called for 1.5 hours a day. This was supposed to generate 8 leads per day in theory.

Then three months into working there, the agent decided to stop buying internet leads and we had to get all of our leads cold calling. So now I'm doing all of my own lead generation through cold calling, doing all the customer service for the accounts I sold, reviewing accounts prior to renewal to ensure the best possible chance for renewal and calling them at renewal... Yet, I don't get paid on renewals...

Is this a normal practice at Allstate agencies? I know it's great for the agent because he has very little overhead, but it seems like the worst kind of deal for me. Am I expecting too much or should I be looking for a new job?

You could either look for a new job now, or when the agent gets shut down for not hitting goals in the not too distant future. What state are you in?

I can't get on board with this and I would like to know if I'm being dumb.

Backstory: I've been Producing at an Allstate agency for six months and it's my first job in P&C. The job would work like this (when I accepted it):

$1,000 per month base
11% on all premium sold
No renewal commission
provide customer service on all accounts I sold
4 agency provided leads each day IF I cold called for 1.5 hours a day. This was supposed to generate 8 leads per day in theory.

Then three months into working there, the agent decided to stop buying internet leads and we had to get all of our leads cold calling. So now I'm doing all of my own lead generation through cold calling, doing all the customer service for the accounts I sold, reviewing accounts prior to renewal to ensure the best possible chance for renewal and calling them at renewal... Yet, I don't get paid on renewals...

Is this a normal practice at Allstate agencies? I know it's great for the agent because he has very little overhead, but it seems like the worst kind of deal for me. Am I expecting too much or should I be looking for a new job?

How can you provide service to accounts if you are supposed to be selling?

Very bad deal. When I was at Allstate I paid my secretaries more than
what you are making, and all they did was answer the phone.

You need to re-negotiate or leave.

Run! I think your agent is probably a new agent and he is not going to make it. He is probably losing money which is why he stopped the leads.

Are you in NY by any chance...maybe near Rochester? I have 6 LSP's in the office now that are responsible for sales...and 2 CSR's that are responsible for all service, reviews, etc...

The LSP's average about $40k yr...the 2 highest producing are closer to $60k yr with their commissions.

Back