Allstate Round 2 -They put the good hands around my neck.

Cantmakethisup

Round 1: Allstate wanted to assign 10 percent contributory negligence to when a lady ran a red light with, literally, her eyes closed. I was in my 3 week old car with 700 miles on it. Pushed back pretty hard and got Allstate to accept 100 percent liability.

Round 2: Allstate now wants me to accept used/recycled/junk yard parts for my new car that has 700 miles on it. The parts are from the same model year off of a salvaged car that has 6700 miles on it. Like a naive child, I thought the games were over.

Thoughts?

Billion dollar corporation who’s just like a good neighbor.
To a familiar jingle... "Snake Farm is There!"

*Since I am not privvy to YOUR insurance contract I can only speculate... I am not an adjuster but have been a producer/agent and will try to provide some potential insight.

So Allsnake, yeah they are the other guy, and the problem with your case now that I know the players isn't all their fault... I'm not making any excuses for them because I am not "pro" either of the players here... What I mean by that is, they do NOT have a contract with you to honor. They are going to do the least that they are legally obligated. They don't owe you anything more than to get you like kind, and quality... I am surprised that they are able to use a part of a salvage (totaled) vehicle, but then again, I learn something new every day after being in this industry for nearly 20 years.

SO what to do what to do... Allsnake for sure isn't going to offer up brand new OEM parts because again, their contract is not with you, they are only going to fulfill their legal obligation to you, but what about Snake Farm? They have a contract with you, have you asked your agent to go to bat for you? Also, IF you have physical damage coverage on your policy, even though its Nana Sheepcounter's fault, you may still have recourse under YOUR policy to get OEM parts. YOUR agent/company may be able to give them a push as well.

If your carrier and their carrier are not giving you a satisfactory conclusion, and you don't feel like you have been indemnified to the spirit of your understanding of your contract then call the division of insurance in Georgia and file a consumer complaint there.

Like kind and quality looks like where op is fussing.

For the insurance industry, in their terminology definitions, can they say that 7 thousand mile parts are like quality to 700 mile parts (and make it stick)?

Allstate is one of the worst insurance companies for auto claims, but most of them play the same game with parts. As long as you understand that they are after the cheapest repair possible, you can see through their actions every time.

Here's the problem with used parts on your new car....no one knows what that car went through to end up in the junk yard, but you can bet that it was not good and the parts weren't maintained.

As the claimant, you have some options because their client damaged your car. The ultimate party responsible for making sure that you are made whole is the insured (negligent driver). Contact that person and tell them that you are suing THEM for the difference in the correct repair using new OEM parts. You can bet that will get it moving, once they call their agent and claims handler. That person is 100% responsible for returning your car back to its original condition, even if their payer balks.

If the woman who caused the accident had her eyes closed it is fortunate that there has not been a "medical condition" exclusion from the carrier. The vehicle clip from the 7000 mile car will be fine. Period. End of story. It is a manufacturers part, not an aftermarket part. Modern salvage yards are not like the ones from long ago, there is too much money to be made in the repair business. Your option would be to have YOUR carrier complete the repair and subrogate against the other carrier. You might be able to dictate to your carrier that you want nothing but new OEM parts. Threatening to sue the other party could change things drastically for you with regard to the speed with which your car is repaired

They buckled. I had to smash the adjuster who serves as a supervisor to his regional supervisor which I don’t like doing but it was a me or him situation.

I got an email at 9:00 with an adjusted supplement so I figured his boss threw him under the bus and said just get this claim done.......

From LinkedIn, his boss supervises about 300 people whereas he supervises about 10-15 people. I established not a thorough review, he quoted “industry standards” but wouldn’t provide them to me. His reply to many question was to only read a prepared, canned answer. Asked how his decision met Allstates’s minimum ethical standard and he didn’t answer. Asked him to reconcile the idea of substantial reasoning with his decision and he couldn’t. Salvage yard where he was insisting parts come from is under inditement from US Department of Justice and then I began to open up on him.

I wrapped all this up with because of the factors above the obvious reason claims supervisor is denying my claim is simply to save Allstate money and I tossed in how it is improper to create a reason to deny a claim.

Back