Allstate, State Farm, and Nationwide

Am I missing any captives? Oh yeah Farmers!

P&C Agents Lend me your ears!
2-Robin-Hood-Men-in-Tights-quotes.gif

I am starting to build relationships with P&C agencies in the local area, to help them help their clients with their Medicare questions; I was wondering what is the normal referral rules for your captive outfits when it comes to Medicare?

Do you have company processes for handling that, that make it highly unlikely or impossible to refer it out to another helpful agency (like mine)?

Appreciate any help on this issue.

On a side note it's very nice over here in the P&C forums..so clean and inviting, do you guys ever get in any arguments like the FE forums?

Yes we do argue & it's usually me involved w/ serving doses of realty to idiots.

I believe Allstate had some portion of their 'brokerage ' for agents to write health products (at least for our region at the time I wasted w/ that scum company.) It would do NOTHING for their core business, how they're measured & how they're paid bonus, so I can't imagine any agent taking their time to mess w/ it.

I do recall something w/ their contract where "technically" they aren't suppose to refer out ANYTHING that Allstate provides an outlet for (and technically that brokerage option had an outlet for health products.) That being said, in the field I highly doubt Allstate would give any agent crap for referring out medicare if those needs came up for their customers.

I always ask if a person has health insurance when discussing their medical coverage on the auto. One of my clients does medicare supplements, so on a few occasions I was able to refer him business. I'm sure if you educated enough personal lines producers, they could easily transition new auto insurance clients into leads for you guys.

If somebody is hurt in an accident & they're on medicare...what happens after their auto limit is exhausted? It falls on medicare right? Could that present an opportunity to medicare gaps to be felt? Enlighten me.

If it falls on a person's Medicare plan to pay for any personal injuries, we could be talking (in my neck of the woods) maximum out of pocket (moop) costs of $4,500-$6,700. Now will someone use all of that in a car wreck, probably not unless they got hit by a semi or something. If they have a supplement, majority have plan F which has 0 out of pocket expenses past the premium. If they have G, they will have to satisfy the Part B deductible which for this year is $147.

Back