Allstate / State Farm / Nationwide - Florida Homeowners Brokering

pburb

Is anyone aware of any limitations that these captive agencies have in regards to whom they can broker FL homeowners through?

I am a captive and know that we can't write HO3's in FL. We don't have a limitation to who we can send the business to but legally we can not collect payment on it since we are captive.

I am a captive and know that we can't write HO3's in FL. We don't have a limitation to who we can send the business to but legally we can not collect payment on it since we are captive.

Do you use a mga/mgu to place HO3s?

pburb who are you captive with? I know Allstate has a very few they are allowed to broker through, for example, St. Johns, Royal Pal, and United. Maybe 1 or 2 more. e-mail me at [email protected] if you need homeowners appointments in Florida. Good Luck.

pburb who are you captive with? I know Allstate has a very few they are allowed to broker through, for example, St. Johns, Royal Pal, and United. Maybe 1 or 2 more. e-mail me at [email protected] if you need homeowners appointments in Florida. Good Luck.

I'm getting appointed via an MGA. I was just curious if I'd be able to approach captive agencies to network with. It appears I won't sense they are captive and appear to be told what the can and can't do.

Becareful with an MGA for homeowners in Florida because the very competitive companies are Peoples Trust, Federated, Heritage, and Prepared which no MGA has those four which we write 90% of the business with. Good Luck.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Pburb, you can approach captives but it is very unlikely they work with you, unless you have a long standing relationship. We have good ways to get business in Florida for homeowners that is easier then captive agencies.

Last edited:
Becareful with an MGA for homeowners in Florida because the very competitive companies are Peoples Trust, Federated, Heritage, and Prepared which no MGA has those four which we write 90% of the business with. Good Luck.

Thanks for the advice! I'm new to FL and was aware of the market but still getting my feet wet. I'll be in contact about those appointments if it doesn't appear this MGA is going to be competitive. Thanks again

Latest posts

Back