Allweb Leads

I used AllWeb when I went indy. NetQuote, too. Barely got by but did. Switched to FE DM. Much better. And that was three years ago. I hear net leads are much poorer quality now. Internet sounds so much better because it's newer and faster. But in my view DM still rules, especially with the FE and med supp demographic. For now.

Last edited:
I used Allweb lead to prety good success but that was back in 2008. I didn't get a lot of good leads but it seems the buyers I did get were great.

I remember 2 of the leads very well because they are still clients today.

One of them turned into 16 sales counting the referrals they gave me but 8 of those sales were in the original home.

Another one was 7 sales. All of those are still on the books so I have a fondness for those.

At that time I was still doing MA plans pretty heavily and FE and traditional life so I didn't have a lot of filters.

I'm sure things have changed in 6 years.

As I think about it, all of them are not still on the books. All of the clients are but some of those sales were MA plans that are not available anymore. Some of them did move to med sups with me.. Some were referred out to the guy I send MA business to now.

Last edited:
I work for a captive agent, and most of my first few months was spent working internet leads. We used to use a bunch of different vendors (5-6), but now we only use AWL. The lead quality seems to vary significantly between lead categories. My employer delegates a lot of agency functions to the sales team (myself and two others), and he's had me handle the purchasing of our internet leads since April (side-note: we try not to use ILA's as a main source of marketing...newer team members usually work them exclusively to allow them to practice sales conversations without also having to "beat the bushes" for every sale.)

In the last 4 months, I've noticed:

- Using the available filters to tailor the leads to focus on your desired customer can have a huge impact. We currently use their "Premium Plus Auto" lead profile, which has the following filters:

Filter for minimum driver age: Require 1 Driver 25 or Older
Filter for valid licenses: Require all drivers have valid licenses
Filter for number of tickets: Require One or Less Tickets
Filter for driver filing status (SR22, etc): Require NO SR-22 or SR-1P
Filter for current insurance coverage: Require Insurance in Past 30 Days
Filter for major driving violations: Require NO Major Violations
Filter for maximum number of at fault accidents: Require NO
Filter for minimum number of vehicles: Require 2 or More Vehicles
Require Home Ownership Require Home Ownership

- Their credit % is statistically almost 4% better than any of the other vendors we've used over the past year. Subjectively, they seem to be easier to work with when it comes to a dispute.

- The LiveTransfer service is actually pretty helpful. At $5-6 more per lead depending on the variety (Auto, Home, LTC, etc.), it's also expensive. It does guarantee contact with every lead purchased, and it keeps us from having to chase down potentially bogus leads.

- If you think something about the program could be changed or improved to better serve your business, they will try to work with you on it. We were having a hard time keeping the incoming leads sorted by producer (when two people work leads on the same day, we do it as a round-robin), because they were all sent to a shared email address. AWL created a "dummy" secondary account with the same lead profiles, tied to the existing billing service, and set it up so that all leads coming in on the secondary profile would be sent directly to an individual's email address. They didn't charge us an extra deposit fee for the second account, and they spent at least 2-3 hours working on it with us.

Overall I'd say they're a pretty good group to work with. Of course we still get duplicate/bogus leads (I've still got a screenshot of "Heywood Jablome,"...), but that's true of all the vendors we've worked with. Internet leads aren't the "best" way to build a business, but they definitely helped me get my feet wet when I started here last December. Now I tend to focus more on referrals and prospecting within our book, but most of my pipeline was built off of sales generated through ILA's.

I thought of using them before, but found the wording of their agent agreement, unnecessarily distasteful, and one sided.

They may be good to work with, but it's hard to lie in writing, and they came across as uncommonly harsh. It could be my loss, Idk.

Last edited:
Having been an investor in a "Car Loan Lead company" I can tell you that there are certain vendors that "Stuff the channel" with fake leads and it has gotten worst over the years. Before the Auto crisis in 2008 we were acting as middle men for over 400 car dealers selling almost 25,000 leads a month.
By 2011 certain vendors were wrecking what was left of our business. The way they did it was by affiliate ads that promised anything (EX.. an IPhone a $50 gift card etc.. so long as they fill out the application saying they wanted to buy a car.
I am telling this story because two years ago I decided to give netquote another try. Within a few weeks it was obvious to me many were affiliate leads. I called the netquote account rep and explained why these were so poor and he assured me they generate all their own traffic, none are purchased. I closed the account knowing what he said was highly unlikely.
Last year I got a call from another sales rep at Netquote saying that they fired two vendors that were selling fake leads into the system to the tune of 500,000 leads a MONTH!! He must have kept my notes. His next statement was that I should buy again seeing how the problems are gone. I then asked him if they were refunding all the agents who purchased the fake leads?
Can you hear the Cricket?

Just a little insight from someone who was on the inside.:mad:

Don't get discouraged, you just need to look beyond the "Lead Factories"

I’d like to weigh in on this on-line leads vendor.

http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/insurance-leads/allwebleads-t29293-2.html

After 60+ leads & over 15 years of experience with internet leads I believe I am qualified to comment.

Their service & what they offer is almost completely worthless.

They say that the leads are from folks that have requested a quote. This often is not the case.

People are told they will get “game credits” for completing a quote request. (one prospect told me this point blank & the Co. Rep confirmed that this is "a problem")

People complete the request not realizing (unless they read the fine print at the very bottom of the quote request form) that up to eight agents will begin to hound them daily over the next week or so.

(link available)

Allwebleads will send you leads for lines that you did not request.
When you ask for a credit, VERRY OFTEN your credit will be denied with the following reason;

“After multiple attempts, unable to verify the return reason selected”

Last edited:
I’d like to weigh in on this on-line leads vendor.

After 60+ leads & over 15 years of experience with internet leads I believe I am qualified to comment.

Their service & what they offer is almost completely worthless.

They say that the leads are from folks that have requested a quote. This often is not the case.

People are told they will get “game credits” for completing a quote request. (one prospect told me this point blank & the Co. Rep confirmed that this is "a problem")

People complete the request not realizing (unless they read the fine print at the very bottom of the quote request form) that up to eight agents will begin to hound them daily over the next week or so.

(link available)

Allwebleads will send you leads for lines that you did not request.
When you ask for a credit, VERRY OFTEN your credit will be denied with the following reason;

“After multiple attempts, unable to verify the return reason selected”

I no longer buy Internet leads....but I noticed something about hard fought credits I never received a credit without requesting it first. So for the leads sold to 8 agents if one 8 gets a credit because it is a bogus lead the company has no morals about selling this now proven bogus lead to 7 other schmucks.

Back