Almost identical MAPD Plans, which do you go with?

JJ2713

Guru
If you have two or more MAPD Plans that are pretty much identical in premium, MOOP, network size, has the doctor(s) client wants, etc., which MAPD Plan do you go with? Let's say the client has no carrier preference.

Go with the carrier you prefer? The one you do more business with?

If you have two or more MAPD Plans that are pretty much identical in premium, MOOP, network size, has the doctor(s) client wants, etc., which MAPD Plan do you go with? Let's say the client has no carrier preference.

Network and rxs and doctors

Have you ever sold insurance of any kind or is this your first time?

JJ2713 said:

JJ pay no mind to Bob. He's just a grumpy old man

It's a fair question, Tom.

OP seems to be clueless about the basics. You surely know how that feels.

Folks might be willing to cut him some slack if he is green. But still wonder who the hell is training this guy.

It's a fair question, Tom.

OP seems to be clueless about the basics. You surely know how that feels.

Folks might be willing to cut him some slack if he is green. But still wonder who the hell is training this guy.
:laugh::yes: At first I thought you were talking to me Bob......or, maybe you were. Either way, 2 Thumbs Ups.

There’s always some difference, I assure you.

I have extracted 4 paragraphs from an old post by somarco here:

https://insurance-forums.com/commun...lan-than-a-med-supp.84890/page-6#post-1135309

I was taught a long time ago to sell by asking questions. If you don't ask questions, more specifically, the RIGHT questions, you will never find out what your prospect/client wants and needs.

I never recommend one plan over another, regardless of the product. Ask questions, present solutions, let the client decide..

Answer their questions. Give them options. People love to buy but they hate to be sold.

Buy and read Secrets of Question Based Selling and anything you can get your hands on by Jeffery Gitomer. You won't regret it.

If you would like to see how some agents respond to the concept of placing business with a carrier just to gain business volume with that carrier, read the comments in this thread:

https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/current-med-supp-bonuses.93696/#post-1241801

Somarco...

Even if you ask a "fair" question, your tone is still condescending and disrespectful. From reading many of your posts, you come off as arrogant - like you know everything.

Did you know everything in the beginning? I don't think so.

I don't understand why people on forums have to be so rude. Oh that's right, because people can hide behind a computer.

It's a legitimate question and others answered it just fine.

Either way, if you don't like my posts and have nothing positive to contribute, don't respond.

And by the way, your website is terrible.

Back