Already on Medicare; T65 Aug 2016

saintstigers

Guru
100+ Post Club
Louisiana
I have a prospect that was enrolled in Medicare A/B when he was 60 due to disability. He will be turning 65 in August and would like to change his MAPD plan eff 8/1/16.

So I think he gets a another initial enrollment period for turning 65 in August. Correct?

I have a prospect that was enrolled in Medicare A/B when he was 60 due to disability. He will be turning 65 in August and would like to change his MAPD plan eff 8/1/16. So I think he gets a another initial enrollment period for turning 65 in August. Correct?
Except for the dates on his Medicare card being earlier than most, his situation and his eligibility for all types of plans are exactly the same as your T65 prospects. Some carrier apps will have an IEP2 eligibility category in addition to IEP and the others. On those that do, check IEP2, on all the rest, IEP.

I've been trying to nail down this nagging little tidy which so far haven't found a definitive answer after reviewing several threads on those who had Medicare due to disability and now turning 65. As reviewed in this thread and others, the clock resets for those that had Medicare due to disability on everything, it's like you were reborn closer to your death expectancy...Halleluiah!! Praise the Govt!
So here's the question....will a new Medicare card be issued with new effective dates related to their 65th birthday? Calls to the Medicare and SS offices say NO!, but what say you?

alphawave2k said:

So here's the question....will a new Medicare card be issued with new effective dates related to their 65th birthday? Calls to the Medicare and SS offices say NO!, but what say you?

No new card will be issued with the new effective dates, unless he didn't get his "newer" card a year or so ago.

Thanks NA. They did have the new alphanumeric designated Medicare card with dissimilar dates for their A and B effectives prior to 65th birthdate. So those dates will live on. I do have OCD tendencies, so it messes up my mind just a little, but then again, so many other things in this world don't either. And when it comes to Medicare..."fugget :arghh:about it"!

Back