Alternative ACA Compliant Plans with Low Premiums

jefflange

Super Genius
Ohio
One of my clients called me yesterday informing me he was offered an ACA compliant plan for his
family for $755 monthly which is 1/2 of the cost of his current plan cost. His current cost with one of the lowest costing ACA plans in our area with a 6400 deductible is roughly 1,350 monthly.

He forwarded the site that offered him this coverage

You Select Health Insurance, Inc. |/

Any one have any experience with this organization or plans?
They tout their plans All Plans are Government Approved

All Plans Are Government Approved.
We understand that every individual, family and business is different. We pride ourselves in getting you the health insurance coverage that you need at the premiums you can afford. We offer Obamacare Alternatives that are Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliant (no tax penalty) and are 50-60% less than the public Health Insurance Exchanges.

Looks like another junk MEC plan. Limited benefits, medically underwritten, and probably driven through a sketchy union.

They obviously built their own website instead of hiring a professional... because they still have the "Elegant Themes" "powered by wordpress" branding in the footer.

It also says that they represent 37 different insurance companies. So this seems to be an agency that is pitching some companies product. No mention what carrier this plan is with... only networks that it uses. They do have a banner with lots of major carriers on it, but this plan isnt from any of them.

Super shady.

The plan looks to be underwritten & the application has medical questions. My client sent me the application and plan info they sent him. I also noted they never listed the insurance company that is underwriting this plan. It does have lifetime limits and I am guessing they can deny coverage if the answer is yes to any of their medical questions. I was under the impression ACA Qualified Compatible plans were required to be guaranteed issue and the member could not be denied coverage due to a medical condition. I am not sure how they can market this plan as a Government Approved Plan meeting the ACA requirements and avoiding the tax penalty phase.

MEC - Minimum Essential Coverage. All that means is full wellness benefits....not to be confused with 10 key elements. If an employer offers a MEC, the employee would not be penalized....assuming there is still a penalty. You can buy a MEC plan for about $50/month for an individual with some companies. Adding a MEC plan to a STM or CHS plan will give added benefits that may be worthwhile.

Back