Alternative Job Title Decriptions for Selling Medicare Supplement Policies

raybia

Expert
Is anyone calling themselves other than an Insurance Agent or Medicare Supplement Insurance Agent?

It seems as soon as you say you are an Insurance Agent many people's body language changes. However when I tell them that I do consultation on how to reduce medical cost for individuals on Medicare they stay engaged with me.

Maybe this isn't a big deal but I would just rather put an alternative job title on my business cards.

Suggestions, Feedback?

Thanks

International Special Agent. I no longer wear the badge on my chest. I wear it on my belt, less intimidating.

Leave it off all together. It probably matters more to you than them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Insurance Forums

Is anyone calling themselves other than an Insurance Agent or Medicare Supplement Insurance Agent?

It seems as soon as you say you are an Insurance Agent many people's body language changes. However when I tell them that I do consultation on how to reduce medical cost for individuals on Medicare they stay engaged with me.

Maybe this isn't a big deal but I would just rather put an alternative job title on my business cards.

Suggestions, Feedback?

Thanks

Say it what it is. If you say you are a consultant and then transition to selling a plan. That would not be good. Besides people today are so much (at least most of them) more sophisticated than years back. They would see right through the consultant title

Just be the best in your area. And that will say more for you than titles

I prefer not to use a title. The cards I ahve that are furnished by a company say "agent" but the cards I have made up with my agency name, has my name with no title.

I have Licensed Insurance Agent on my business card. Initially because I was told that it was a compliance requirement. Don't know if that's true, but never saw the need to change. When I meet with a prospect they know why I'm there and I've not found it to be a hindrance. If I found it was I'd probably go with advisor or consultant.

Yea, I never use a title either. Someone here said to use the title "Your Insurance Agent". Was it Frank? RIP

Back