Alternative to Ohio National

CousinEddie

Due to the current events with ONFS, I am looking to partner with another carrier. I'm looking for a mutual carrier with a similar list of products (term, whole w/pua, and di). I'm looking to place all my business with the same carrier. Thanks for the suggestions.

Guardian has a good table shave program...table 4 to non-smoker.
Their LTC rider in is an indemnity rider.
Mass and Penn will Illustrate better.
NY Life is good for older ages, but u/w is not broker friendly.
Lafayette has some nice products and better comp as they are not licensed in NY.
Where are you located?

Due to the current events with ONFS, I am looking to partner with another carrier. I'm looking for a mutual carrier with a similar list of products (term, whole w/pua, and di). I'm looking to place all my business with the same carrier. Thanks for the suggestions.

What are the current events? Slight drop in ratings?

Why place all business with one mutual? At least that is the lesson Ohio National episode teaches all of us. The life contract that I have with Ohio National says that if we part away I would collect renewals for 10 years on the life products. Now it does not say anything about annuities. I am glad I only sold 2 annuities with them over the years

I think they are smart to focus on what they are good at.
Now the whole annuity renewals deal....I think they could have handled that much better and I'm sure will end up paying for it through lawsuits in the end. I agree, spreading the business around is a good idea.

"What are the current events? Slight drop in ratings?"
A slight drop, their comdex rating was as high as 92 not long ago.
After the last ratings downgrade, they will probably be around 87.
That is not a slight drop.
Let'ts not confuse a mutual holding company with a true mutual.
Just ask the policyholders who bought prior to the conversion.

Back