Alternative to SendOutCards

russelltw

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have never been really happy about SOC over the years, but their recent changes to the website and pricing plan was the last straw for me. I tried several others (thanks.io, lob.com, etc), but have settle on another that I think has a lot of promise.

I have started testing Zendirect.com (shameless plug - ZenDirect - I get a few nickels). Cheaper than SOC and seems to have more options. Sending a standard greeting card costs $1.55 (postage included in that) on zendirect with pay as you go option. I think with SOC, it's $2.25/card + ?? postage + $17/month

Has multiple mailing offering (letters, post cards, greeting cards, etc). I have only tested greeting cards.

They said they will have an email integration in the future (your crm emails over new client data to zendirect which creates the contact and assigns the campaign). That would mean no more importing. Cannot wait, but may use their API with my crm.

Draw back is there aren't that many template cards, but I like to create my own. However, you can insert graphics/text on all 4 sides of the greeting card. Card stock is not the same as SOC, maybe one weigh down (ie - card paper is not as stiff as SOC cards). This doesn't matter for me.

Lots of gifts and gift cards to choose from.

IMPORTANT - You do need to create an account to see what they offer. Their external pages doesn't offer much info at this time.

Hope it helps you all.

If one of those services allowed us to insert a postage paid business reply card it would really be good.

I used to use a service back in the 1980’s called F.U.S.S. (Follow Up Sales System). You designed your follow up campaign similar to SOC but back then you had the option to have the cards and envelopes mailed to you so you could insert anything you wanted and then drop them in the mail to your clients. It worked really great.

In the 1990’s and 2000’s I started using an ACT database. I had an add on program that would allow you to set up campaigns that could include physical letters, cards, emails and faxes. These could have reply cards included. It worked great.

I have used SOC for a few years. I’ve really liked it and have done some really creative stuff with it. But I haven’t been in the field for a few years now so rarely use it. I went to send 1000 Christmas cards this past year and just gave up in frustration. They have made that so much worse than in previous years.

Hopefully someone has a better mousetrap. And I would like to see it have the reply card as an option. I know that’s not something a “greeting card” needs. But send out cards can be much more than greeting cards.

I have never been really happy about SOC over the years, but their recent changes to the website and pricing plan was the last straw for me. I tried several others (thanks.io, lob.com, etc), but have settle on another that I think has a lot of promise.

I have started testing Zendirect.com (shameless plug - ZenDirect - I get a few nickels). Cheaper than SOC and seems to have more options. Sending a standard greeting card costs $1.55 (postage included in that) on zendirect with pay as you go option. I think with SOC, it's $2.25/card + ?? postage + $17/month

Has multiple mailing offering (letters, post cards, greeting cards, etc). I have only tested greeting cards.

They said they will have an email integration in the future (your crm emails over new client data to zendirect which creates the contact and assigns the campaign). That would mean no more importing. Cannot wait, but may use their API with my crm.

Draw back is there aren't that many template cards, but I like to create my own. However, you can insert graphics/text on all 4 sides of the greeting card. Card stock is not the same as SOC, maybe one weigh down (ie - card paper is not as stiff as SOC cards). This doesn't matter for me.

Lots of gifts and gift cards to choose from.

IMPORTANT - You do need to create an account to see what they offer. Their external pages doesn't offer much info at this time.

Hope it helps you all.

Glancing at Zendirect it seems similar to the old version of SOC. They used points as well. The folks I know using new version of SOC aren't real happy either.

I would suggest looking at it to see if it works for you.

Newby, I used the old version of ACT way back before they started releasing crappy version of itself each and every year. That software was great. It had caller id/client look up back in the age of dial up internet.

I would suggest looking at it to see if it works for you.

Newby, I used the old version of ACT way back before they started releasing crappy version of itself each and every year. That software was great. It had caller id/client look up back in the age of dial up internet.

Yes they had some bad years. They are great again now.

Great conversation. All the comments here about not being happy with the new SOC are being echoed in different Facebook groups among formerly loyal SOC users (including me). I was determined to find a good SOC alternative before sending out my Firm's 2018 holiday cards. Luckily, I found it and love it. It is called BannerSeason. It is being championed by Demarr Zimmerman, a former SOC leader. No complicated plans and points system. Everything is simply in US$. Cards and gifts. A card is $1.55.

For those interested in checking it out for free, here is the link:

BannerSeason™ - Win The Moment

The more choices the better is right. It is free to open up an account and check around and try it out. You obviously need to add funds to your account to keep using it. Everyone needs an invite code to open up an account. Anyone wanting a free try, my code is the word TRUSTEE. Please give it a free try so you can see the ease of the system and the quality of the card by sending yourself one.

You might want to check out Thankster.com. We have several integrations so russeltw you can likely do that email integration you were after. And for Newby, we can insert reply cards. We do gift cards as well, though we don't currently do larger gifts. Perhaps we can come up with some custom if that is critical. If you have any questions, please reach out via the contact link at the site.

Last post on their facebook page was 2016 . . .

Thankster Cards

Back