Am I In Over My Head?

the agent that is retiring is not giving me his book. i believe he's a recruiter that will be giving me the books. i told him i have no experience in this industry, he said that i will learn by being an intern.

----------

the recruiter made it seem like he was hooking me up with a book of business. after reading, it seems normal place for a new agent to get a book of business from State Farm.

"he said that i will learn by being an intern."

And He's not "giving" you a book of business.

You've been offered an intern position and nothing more, based on your last post.

Good luck and if you do well you may give you some established accounts, but it actually all depends on how your internship goes.

the agent that is retiring is not giving me his book. i believe he's a recruiter that will be giving me the books. i told him i have no experience in this industry, he said that i will learn by being an intern. ---------- the recruiter made it seem like he was hooking me up with a book of business. after reading, it seems normal place for a new agent to get a book of business from State Farm.

Agents do get a book of business from State Farm. But you have to go through a rigorous training school with them and be licensed. He's not giving you a book of business. He letting you call his book of biz to make him more money

Back