Am I on the Right Track

ndash

Ohio
I just started my license course to sell both P&C and Health & Life. However I am coming to insurance from being a project manager with a major construction company where I built up my contacts and everyone I have spoken with about doing this has been positive and thinks that I will be more successful. Also I have spoken to my uncle who has a successful independent agency a few hours away and he agreed to help mentor me as much as possible while my business grows and my neighbor is a retired agent who I have spoken with several times about this and he also agreed to provide mentoring. I do not plan on quitting my job for a few months to allow my business to grow but I need more advice on how to proceed or am I on the right track.

Getting mentoring is great but unless they have experience building both a P&C and Health & Life practice while still working a full time job, it won't help you as much.

In my opinion, it will be very difficult, if not impossible, to grow your insurance agency while still working a full time job. You need to go "All In" for the absolute best chance for success.

Good luck!

You have the potential for a good start but you have many questions to answer before you can be successful. I do not think an uncle a few hours away and a retired agent or the kind of mentoring one needs.

Back