Am I Really This Desperate ? or Just Stupid ?

1manshow

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pa
Trying to decide on a design for my new billboard and these two are rising to the top. Now for the stupid part...I'd kinda like to get your opinions on the boards..with the exception of a few of you self-righteous dillweeds:1rolleyes: Guess I'll have to wade through crap!

#1 or #2 ???

Attachments

• Doc1.pdf
    231.5 KB · Views: 136
  • Doc2.pdf
    72.1 KB · Views: 134
They are both decent. The second one, I would think would grab one's attention a little more than the first. Maybe add you're office number?

Agreed, 2 is better but need contact info. Hopefully no numnuts say the sign is confusing and encourages drivers to stop! The billboard company might give some guidance there.

Thing is...I really don't want them calling me when they're tooling down the highway at 65mph...just thinking of me:yes:

This is practically the only "brand" advertising I do, just want to step it up a notch

If they happen to, you could always quickly get their name and phone number, and ask them to give you a call when they are at their destination. But incase they don't you have gotten their info to call them.

Thing is...I really don't want them calling me when they're tooling down the highway at 65mph...just thinking of me:yes:

This is practically the only "brand" advertising I do, just want to step it up a notch

#2 by a mile. Obviously you're planning on adding your info.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What about a memorable webaddress. Them calling you on the road is the best chance of them not forgetting before they get home.

Last edited:

They are bad branding billboards. To brand you need a recognizable logo, something that the people see over and over again. Not saying that Williams Agency isn't an exciting name, I am saying Williams is a very common name. Since it is written in Black Arial letters (or whatever that font is) I would be surprised if anybody would recognize it. I would think a big WILLIAMS INSURANCE AGENCY in some catchy but easy to read font would create more brand recognition than either one of those two billboards.

But believe me I have little to zero idea what I'm talking about.

One question, I wonder how many times williamsagency.com would get clicked on do to your 1st billboard?

Neither. Just being honest. Either of those would be throwing your money away. You have one of two goals:

1) Branding
2) Call to action

Neither one of your ads has either of them. I'd look to hire a small marketing agency. They could design a billboard for you and come up with great idea you wouldn't think of.

Hey man..."neither" wasn't an option:1wink:

Believe it or not..these weren't dreamed up in my sleep, one was from an agency who has created some incredibly successful print ads for my agency.:1wink:

Goal...Clear message, good selling point in 7 words or less. I'll save the "call to action" for my direct mail and print ads. Thanks for all the input everyone.

Back