Amazon Prime and Medicare/Medicaid

While there has been some talk of Amazon getting into the pharmacy business, it appears they won't now. The end of the article states they seem more interested in durable medical goods.

I do think this is interesting however. Amazon launches a low-cost version of Prime for Medicaid recipients
On the news this morning, they said this was a frontal attack on one of Walmarts's largest demographics. It tells me that if all these low income people have the resources to shop Amazon Prime, then they are able to shop their FE online. :1frown:

Honestly I can't see an online pharmacy for Medicaid beneficiaries being very successful. Most Medicaid beneficiaries don't even have a computer let alone trust one.

Honestly I can't see an online pharmacy for Medicaid beneficiaries being very successful. Most Medicaid beneficiaries don't even have a computer let alone trust one.
They may not hate computers but they sure know how to use their smart phones.

On the news this morning, they said this was a frontal attack on one of Walmarts's largest demographics. It tells me that if all these low income people have the resources to shop Amazon Prime, then they are able to shop their FE online. :1frown:

If one has to travel by bus or cab to shop, I'm not sure that accessing Prime shopping prices for $6 per month is consuming a lot of resources.

If one has to travel by bus government provided transportation. or cab to shop, I'm not sure that accessing Prime shopping prices for $6 per month is consuming a lot of resources.
You make a good point. Hadn't thought of that.. Living in a semi-rural area, almost everyone has access to a car.. For those that don't there is government sponsored transportation.

Back