America Saves Week

AmandaH

Are any other Life Insurance agents taking advantage of America Saves Week and using it as an opportunity to educate the public on the importance of life policies from a savings/security standpoint?

If so, I’d love to hear your ideas.

?

Professional agents don't need an "America Saves Week" in order to educate the public on what they do. Otherwise, they'd only be in business for 1 week out of 52.

These "Life Insurance Awareness Month", "Long Term Care Awareness Month", "Disability Insurance Awareness Month" and any other variation... is to get those who SHOULD be talking about... to actually TALK about it.

But if you're doing it, you don't need an "awareness month" or "saves week" to bring attention to what you're already doing.

?

Professional agents don't need an "America Saves Week" in order to educate the public on what they do. Otherwise, they'd only be in business for 1 week out of 52.

These "Life Insurance Awareness Month", "Long Term Care Awareness Month", "Disability Insurance Awareness Month" and any other variation... is to get those who SHOULD be talking about... to actually TALK about it.

But if you're doing it, you don't need an "awareness month" or "saves week" to bring attention to what you're already doing.

I’m honestly not understanding how this comes across as a question being asked as if I only take one week a month to educate. Maybe I could have worded this better, but I think it’s a rather unconventional approach in my area. People are attending these America Saves presentations thinking about budgeting, savings accounts, etc. Life Insurance is more than likely not a main focal point. By getting in front of these people and making a connection between the concept of savings and life insurance (which most people in my age group do NOT connect the two), it opens the air for business opportunity.

Just my thought.

Ah. I get it now.

If you're doing workshops, I'd stay away from product conversations. The best workshops are done by asking questions about people's PROBLEMS, not about your PRODUCTS.

th

People aren't looking to be 'pitched'. They are looking for someone who will guide them. They want an advisor, not a product. You can recommend strategies in your one-on-one consultations.

And you'll be running seminars/workshops that won't attract regulators: https://www.eoforless.com/state-insurance-regulators-tighten-seminar-screws-what-now/

The info to be presented is already slated, it has no specific product information in it. It’s really just an opportunity for me to get in front of these people, establish relationships, and possibly go from there. Main goal is to make them feel like I can be trusted, like I really know what I’m talking about...and use that to get these people in front of me 1:1 to talk about the things no one really wants to talk about.

It may seem like a waste of time, but I’m dead center in small town USA, and relationships are crucial.

I just thought it’d be worth seeing if anyone else has found effective ways to incorporate the two immediately without making it obvious that you’re aiming to sell products.

Ah. I get it now.

If you're doing workshops, I'd stay away from product conversations. The best workshops are done by asking questions about people's PROBLEMS, not about your PRODUCTS.

th

People aren't looking to be 'pitched'. They are looking for someone who will guide them. They want an advisor, not a product. You can recommend strategies in your one-on-one consultations.

And you'll be running seminars/workshops that won't attract regulators: https://www.eoforless.com/state-insurance-regulators-tighten-seminar-screws-what-now/

Thank you for the info, much appreciated!

The info to be presented is already slated, it has no specific product information in it. It’s really just an opportunity for me to get in front of these people, establish relationships, and possibly go from there. Main goal is to make them feel like I can be trusted, like I really know what I’m talking about...and use that to get these people in front of me 1:1 to talk about the things no one really wants to talk about.

It may seem like a waste of time, but I’m dead center in small town USA, and relationships are crucial.

I just thought it’d be worth seeing if anyone else has found effective ways to incorporate the two immediately without making it obvious that you’re aiming to sell products.

You'll want to check out the systems and resources from the Insurance Pro Shop. Specifically, their systems include a seminar presentation titled "Live Debt Free and Truly Wealthy." (You can change the title, of course.) But I think this kind of message is right up your alley for what you're looking to do.

Sales Training Programs to Improve Your Selling Skills - Insurance Pro Shop

?

I'm glad you went on to be your usual helpful self. I was about to call you a grumpy old fart, and there's enough off us on here already!
tenor.gif

Back