America Saves Week

:) No problem. I see that now. I think your forum name and your photo were very similar. Although, I recall her state being TX, while you show yours in PA. It was an epic thread. Sure, I get surly on occasion, but I still try to be helpful.

Last edited:
In my early years in the biz I would do some events similar to this. As long as a table is not too expensive then it might be worthwhile.

Tips:
- Put out a candy bowl with individually wrapped chocolate candy. (dont put all of it out at once... lol)

- Offer 2 free pamphlets. Most carriers let you order pre-approved flyers and pamphlets.
Make the first about a general concept, a "Budget Worksheet" or "Financial Checklist" work great. Make the other about the "basics of life insurance" or something similar.

- Do a free raffle for some type of cool item. Maybe an Echo Dot or Google Home Mini. This is how you get names/numbers/interests.
Require name/email/number. Then have an optional area to select things they are "Interested in receiving detailed info or a quote". 99% of your sales/leads will come from the cards. People are a lot more comfortable asking for quotes in a passive manner like that vs. face to face in public with others around.

- Dont talk about life insurance unless someone brings it up. Do say "if you have any questions about anything feel free to ask". But dont say anything about insurance until they bring it up. Stick with small talk until they breach the subject. And of course promote the raffle and offer everyone some candy.

- Call and email anyone who marked and interest for an insurance product. Offer a free quote/consult/info.
Just email the ones who didnt mark anything and thank them for their participation in the raffle. Also let them know if they ever need a life quote to contact you.

- Be friendly, have fun, dont be fake happy/friendly, dont be overly talkative, dont be pushy, dont start talking life insurance until they bring it up or ask questions.

I wouldnt spend a massive amount of money on this. Definitely dont put it on a credit card. If I were a young/new agent, 90%+ of my marketing dollars would be going into websites.

In my early years in the biz I would do some events similar to this. As long as a table is not too expensive then it might be worthwhile.

Tips:
- Put out a candy bowl with individually wrapped chocolate candy. (dont put all of it out at once... lol)

- Offer 2 free pamphlets. Most carriers let you order pre-approved flyers and pamphlets.
Make the first about a general concept, a "Budget Worksheet" or "Financial Checklist" work great. Make the other about the "basics of life insurance" or something similar.

- Do a free raffle for some type of cool item. Maybe an Echo Dot or Google Home Mini. This is how you get names/numbers/interests.
Require name/email/number. Then have an optional area to select things they are "Interested in receiving detailed info or a quote". 99% of your sales/leads will come from the cards. People are a lot more comfortable asking for quotes in a passive manner like that vs. face to face in public with others around.

- Dont talk about life insurance unless someone brings it up. Do say "if you have any questions about anything feel free to ask". But dont say anything about insurance until they bring it up. Stick with small talk until they breach the subject. And of course promote the raffle and offer everyone some candy.

- Call and email anyone who marked and interest for an insurance product. Offer a free quote/consult/info.
Just email the ones who didnt mark anything and thank them for their participation in the raffle. Also let them know if they ever need a life quote to contact you.

- Be friendly, have fun, dont be fake happy/friendly, dont be overly talkative, dont be pushy, dont start talking life insurance until they bring it up or ask questions.

I wouldnt spend a massive amount of money on this. Definitely dont put it on a credit card. If I were a young/new agent, 90%+ of my marketing dollars would be going into websites.

I got fairly lucky with this as one of the local libraries in a neighboring town is giving me and another person (who works on the investment side of things) the opportunity to present the info themed specifically for America Saves Week. They’re handling the majority of advertisement, the location, etc.

Raffles are a great, I’m such a fan of that idea. People love free stuff!

Thank you for your advice! It’s much appreciated!

I got fairly lucky with this as one of the local libraries in a neighboring town is giving me and another person (who works on the investment side of things) the opportunity to present the info themed specifically for America Saves Week. They’re handling the majority of advertisement, the location, etc.

Raffles are a great, I’m such a fan of that idea. People love free stuff!

Thank you for your advice! It’s much appreciated!

No problem. It sounds like it could be a good opportunity if handled well. Especially if you dont have any cost for a table/booth/floor space.

I forgot to add, have lots of business cards, place them in 3 spots on your table. Paperclip them to the flyers/pamphlets you give away. Make sure your web address is on your card!

Also, put your web address on the flyers and even have a separate sign with web address along with your name/contact info.

You could even get really creative and create a new page or two on your site with "more info" about being financially responsible.
Then put out flyers and signs saying "visit wwwmysite.com for more info about ........... ".

Obviously, those pages would have more info, but also links leading to life insurance info and to "get quotes" or "contact me", etc.

If you share the lead on this event, you might as well go all out on it and maximize the ROI on your time invested.

Back