American Community?

GetInsurance

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Michigan
I am brand spankin new to the business, only written 11 apps so far and am appointed with Assurant, Humana, Aetna, UHC, and BCBS. Is American Community a big player in this game, or a nobody? I have never heard of them until a friend of a friend told me they pay 23% commisions vs everyone elses 20. Any input would be greatly appreciated.:cool:

And AIG was rated A++ Superior. They would have been dissolved had it not been for the 145 BILLION bailout by the US Treas. I have a much higher opinion of American Community Ins than AIG, I can tell you that much.

Anything published by any kind of a "rating agency" these days is greatly diminished. Use it if you wish... rely on it if you must, but it isn't worth the paper it is written on, really.

American Community is a regional company doing biz in about 10 states, with 150K insureds. They are B+ rated company by AM Best. They are not in the life insurance and annuity business like many of these other companies, which attracts more unencumbered revenue. Amer Community is solely in the health ins business and not too bad at it either.

What I do when I am considering recommending Amer Comm to a client is first and foremost explain the fact that it is a "B+" rated company with AM Best... I ask them if that is of any concern to them... Most folks say no... That way I have gotten it out there up front, and this eliminates someone like Chumps from coming behind me with their face all scrunched up and holding their nose, informing the client that they have bought a lark, and they weren't aware of it... The client is aware of it right up front... and that usually eliminates that angle of attack.

I guess the question is, would buy ins from them...? Yes I would. Would I buy ins from AIG right now... or sell it right now...? No I wouldn't. You can take it from there.

Good points, but I stay away from them just like I stayed away from Indiana-based Medical Savings Insurance Co. They had some business in this area, but...not any more!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"eliminates someone like Chumps from coming behind me with their face all scrunched up and holding their nose"

That was a bizarre statement.

Last edited:
"eliminates someone like Chumps from coming behind me with their face all scrunched up and holding their nose"

That was a bizarre statement...
...and difficult to envision unless we know what you look like! Which one are you in your Avatar?

I'll be the other guy. :1cool:

That was a bizarre statement.

Thank you... You get the point; it is fairly easy to follow the placement of a policy from a company like Amer Comm. and point out what a risk of a policy they have bought due to the strength of the company... Maybe you aren't the type of agent that would scrunch your face up when you described such a thing...

Back