American General Life & Accident Ins. Co.

Johnny180

Expert
Does anyone know anything about this company??? It's a member company of AIG. They have some listings for insurance reps in my area. Just wondering if anyone has had any personal experience with them...whether it's a good situation or not in terms of growth potential, etc.

Johnny it sounds like you have a lot of questions about companies. My suggestion would be just go interview with them or pick up the phone and ask them questions. Before I decided to go independent I went and interview with New York Life, AIG and bunch of others and I chose to go independent do to wanting to concentrate on individual health. Also if I got into life insurance AIG only gives you about 60 percent commission for being a captive agent and a street level commission with them is 80 to 100 percent.

What they will make you do at AIG is make a list called project 100 of familiy and friends and that is who you will pitching with your training manager.

My advice would be just go and interview and ask questions and then go with your gut on what you want to do.

My two cents:

I am familiar w/ AIG/AGLA, my uncle retired from them after 22 years. Broker you indeed get 80-105 etc, on different product mix than captive. Captive you get, for example, 45 on UL, BUT their contract is aimed at mid to high level producers. If you maintain high persistency, hit the AP levels, you qualify for bonuses on growth, service, etc. which can add up to the equivalent of 145-160 contract, as well as getting bene's such as group health, pension, office space, staff, etc. i.e., no overhead. Target market is middle America.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Also if I got into life insurance AIG only gives you about 60 percent commission for being a captive agent and a street level commission with them is 80 to 100 percent"
Street level commission with American General is higher than that.

"Also if I got into life insurance AIG only gives you about 60 percent commission for being a captive agent and a street level commission with them is 80 to 100 percent"
Street level commission with American General is higher than that.

Are you speaking of American General or American General Life and Accident? Two different companies.. Two different systems.. Different products and contract levels.

Wow, the person who revived this thread with his first post has now deleted it so it looks like pcb revived it but he didn't. ha

Back