American General Life Companies

agentjhc

Guru
1000 Post Club
AG has popped up at or near the top on some 20 something's lately (20-25-30 yr term). I don't know much about the company in terms of: UW strictness, how quickly they process apps, conversion options, etc..

AG has popped up at or near the top on some 20 something's lately (20-25-30 yr term). I don't know much about the company in terms of: UW strictness, how quickly they process apps, conversion options, etc..

You're going to find them showing up in a lot more places than this...they recently reduced rates and are very competitive.

I like their underwriting (they rate off of standard plus like Banner) and process in a reasonable time. Conversion options are as poor as everyone else...processing time is average IMO.

Comp is good...I'm a fan.

American general processing time I was happy with. AGLA processing time and flow of new business is less than average. I do like their term products. With the recent merging, I have yet to send them enough business to offer an opinion.

I haven't written AG in quite some time. When I was writing them they were fair in the underwriting department, but were a little slow. Again, it's been some time since I have written them. Comp is good (depending on your contract). Way back when, they charged for advances (something like 4%), don't know if they still do. I've done as earned for more than a decade now so I really don't know if they still charge for it.

I like them for some scenarios. Pricing has gone down... must have cut back on management retreats ;)

Good rated term (as mentioned), Select A Term for off years good for laddering, GUL is decent with no limit for first year dump in.

Back