American Heritage Life aka Allstate Workplace Division

Cenla Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Does anyone have any information on them, particularly how they stack up against the duck, Colonial, etc?

No comments?

I don't remember many agents on here that worked this market, but I have been away from this forum for a while.

They are a minor player in the WSM. I looked at their STD product a few years ago. At that time they had one of the few products that could be sold to USPS workers.

They are a minor player in the WSM. I looked at their STD product a few years ago. At that time they had one of the few products that could be sold to USPS workers.

Certainly minor compared to AFLAC, Colonial and maybe a few others at this point but reportedly Allstate has pumped a lot of money into them and is intent on becoming a major player in that market. But I'll have to do more homework and compare the policies.

Allstate purchased AHL several years ago. AHL was already in the PRD/WSM market but more of a regional player with so-so products. Allstate has made several forays into the benefits market without much consistency or success.

Perhaps this time they will get it right.

Allstate purchased AHL several years ago. AHL was already in the PRD/WSM market but more of a regional player with so-so products. Allstate has made several forays into the benefits market without much consistency or success.

Perhaps this time they will get it right.

Thanks for the responses.

Does anyone have any information on them, particularly how they stack up against the duck, Colonial, etc?

Well, the first question I would ask of AHLIC is;
1. Why are they partnered with one of America's "Ten Worst Insurance Companies", Allstate?

2. Aflac pays claims in 4 days, AHLIC in 10 days Colonial in 10 days.

3. AHLIC has almost as much in Administrative cost than they pay in claims. Colonial has more in Administrative cost than they, pay in claims. Aflac pays almost twice as much in claims as they have in administrative costs, that's 2X as much in claims as they do in Admin Costs.

4. Claims Satisfaction with Aflac 80% with AHLIC 66% with Colonial 65%.

5. Satisfaction with products: Aflac 80% AHLIC 66% Colonial 61%.

6. Loss Ration 2009 (current) higher % is better for the policy holder. Aflac 67.2% AHLIC 52.4% Colonial 46.5%

7. Expense Ratio 2009 (current) should be low to be more profitable, Aflac 31.0% AHLIC 46.0% Colonial 40.1%.

8. You might ask for their rate stability. Aflac has never raised a preimum on there core benefits. AHLIC has raised rates across the board many many times. Just check with State Board of Insurance. Colonial has and they have sold off bad business and the rates skyrocked.

Last edited:
Ah Quakers,

You realize that that post is almost 4 years old. That person has most likely gone from AHLIC to Colonial to Aflac then to FE sale Like most of those type sale people.

ps ... welcome to the forum.

Well, the first question I would ask of AHLIC is;
1. Why are they partnered with one of America's "Ten Worst Insurance Companies", Allstate?

2. Aflac pays claims in 4 days, AHLIC in 10 days Colonial in 10 days.

3. AHLIC has almost as much in Administrative cost than they pay in claims. Colonial has more in Administrative cost than they, pay in claims. Aflac pays almost twice as much in claims as they have in administrative costs, that's 2X as much in claims as they do in Admin Costs.

4. Claims Satisfaction with Aflac 80% with AHLIC 66% with Colonial 65%.

5. Satisfaction with products: Aflac 80% AHLIC 66% Colonial 61%.

6. Loss Ration 2009 (current) high % is better for the policy holder. Aflac 67.2% AHLIC 52.4% Colonial 46.5%

7. Expense Ratio 2009 (current) should be low, Aflac 31.0% AHLIC 46.0% Colonial 40.1%.

8. You might ask for their rate stability. Aflac has never raised the preimum on there core benefits. AHLIC has raised rates across the board. Colonial has and they have sold off bad business.

Thanks for the responses.
I do not think they have the ability to make it better. But they will attempt to. Their Number 1 competitor is Aflac with total assets of $75,798,442,000 and AHLIC has $1,404,488,000. No chance of catching up this century.

Back