American Heritage Life aka Allstate Workplace Division

Back in the distant past I sold for allstate as a financial(no P&C) guy. when they purchsed that company all the allstate agents I dealt with consider it the red haired step child and no one sold it except maybe 1 guy. I don't think it ever got legs and made anyone money.

Oh my gosh, another Aflac brainwashed agent...

I was an Aflac agent for 6 years. They pay some of their claims in 4 days, not all of them. I have never, ever, seen them pay a STD or Cancer claim in under 14 days.

I have seen simple Accident claims go out as long as 55 days, my own accident claim I fought for 43 days before they finally paid a portion of it.

Aflac is losing groups left and right, and lost their two biggest accounts- Walmart and Home Depot to Allstate.

As a broker, I can tell you that Allstate is a pretty decent company to deal with. I also like Colonial, which has much higher customer service satisfaction over Aflac. And Colonial has much higher policyholder retention.

Aflac is the most expensive carrier in the market AND has raised rates more than a few times in the last 12 years, so don't buy into that "Rate stability" crap, it's simply not true.

Allstate has some great products, and rates.

As a very, very experienced former AFLAC agent, I can tell you that the biggest problem with AFLAC is their Distribution System. It works like this: hire anyone of any age, regardless of experience and if this person has acquired an insurance license, they're "qualified." Qualified, that is, to call the same businesses over and over and over -- creating irritation among business owners who become convinced that AFLAC is relentless, unprofessional and desperate. Now, pick up the phone and make a few calls to potential clients. What you will hear is this: "Please put me on your Do Not Call List. You're the TENTH AFLAC guy to call me this week." Oh yeah: AFLAC agent commissions average about 33% across the board, making it very difficult for the new person to make a living. That's because the rest of the commissions are soaked up by the District Sales Co-Ordinator, the Regional Sales Co-Ordinator, the State Sales Trainer, the State Sales Co-Ordinator, not to mention the Territory Director, etc. Because Allstate Benefits (the new name) doesn't have multiple layers of management -- unlike Amway.... er, AFLAC -- the commissions average nearly 60% to the agent who does the selling and enrolling. VERY similar product line but best of all, when you make your calls on a business you don't have to say the name "AFLAC."

That's two cents worth from an agent who has worked for both providers.

Back in the day, and long before AHL sold out, I had a GA contract with them. They were not just good they were great people to work with from the HO to the RD to everyone I ever spoke with on the phone. We started using them to open doors and we coupled a PFL life product with them... Ahhhhh the good days. (I miss PFL even more.) Any way AHL had reasonable to so-so products but it was the company, how they made things easy on producers and actually assisted the process. They truly were a joy to work with. IMHO this put them way over the top of AFLAC as most of you know getting an insurance company behind the agent and agency now days is pretty unheard of. Makes me think to give them a ring again. Anyone know if they will deal with NON captive independents these days ?

Back in the day, and long before AHL sold out, I had a GA contract with them. They were not just good they were great people to work with from the HO to the RD to everyone I ever spoke with on the phone. We started using them to open doors and we coupled a PFL life product with them... Ahhhhh the good days. (I miss PFL even more.) Any way AHL had reasonable to so-so products but it was the company, how they made things easy on producers and actually assisted the process. They truly were a joy to work with. IMHO this put them way over the top of AFLAC as most of you know getting an insurance company behind the agent and agency now days is pretty unheard of. Makes me think to give them a ring again. Anyone know if they will deal with NON captive independents these days ?
Welcome to the forum. Just to let you know, yours is the first post to the thread since 2011. Many of the posters probably are not around anymore. Don't hear much about AHL anymore but we can agree on one thing.. We both miss PFL. AEGON ruined them..

Back