American Income Life

richcee

Hi all, I have been reading the forum for some time now but have never posted. Just learning as much as I can from all of you seasoned agents. My question is not for me.....I am already contracted. The question is re: a company called AMERICAN INCOME LIFE, or AIL for short. Someone very close to me just signed with them, and then asked me about the company. So far what I found on line were very bad reviews.....the words SCAM....FRAUD....DANGER....etc. were used all thru the info that I saw. Any knowledge of this company?? Richee

Some have had positive experiences, but it's usually very short-lived. AIL is not a scam - their policies will pay benefits. The problem with AIL is that you're there to give away a 'FREE' $1,000 AD&D policy and then have the chance to up-sell them additional coverage. Well, when you set an appointment based on 'FREE', how much more do you expect to cross-sell? Add to the fact that it's at your cost to travel to see these people... and you can quickly get the impression that the company is using you to give away these 'free' policies to these leads at your expense.

There's plenty on the forum to search. I think of them as a place to learn for a year or less, then move on.

I started out with them. Each office is run differently and some are certainly more questionable than others, but it's a far cry from a scam.

Plus: Free leads, good training, easy to get started.
Cons: Products aren't priced well, leads aren't always plentiful, commissions are relatively low.

I know at least half a dozen guys that have done well there, but if you're even there for three years you're a veteran.

Thanks for the replies. I should have said this person signed up for their coverage, not as a new agent. They got the $1,000.00 "free" AD&D, plus the "union" pitch, etc. Heck, my bank gives me $2,000.00 AD&D as well as my wife,for free, and offers additional coverage for $1.10 per month per $10,000.00 up to $300,000.00 coverage. Now the agent is going to be contacting ME!!! Great!

Back