American Medical Security

They let my client go after 7 months. It's called post issue underwriting. She received all her premiums less claims and I had a complete charge back.

That happened to me recently with them for the first time, same thing, 6 months minus claims and full chargeback. I haven't had a problem with them before. Now I have a client that they are questioning about an item that is fairly trivial and may not pay the claim. Not only that, they were rude to her, and its not the first time I've heard it. Fortunately, she's not holding it against me, and if they don't pay the claim, she's asked me to move her.

Thank you for your response. I figured they had burned a few people, not to get much press here for a branch of a giant carrier.

Something that wasn't on the original application?

It isn't an actionable condition, she just had a slight injury. The application was taken 7 months ago. She called me yesterday to let me know they wanted to be moved to another carrier, not because they didn't pass the PI underwriting, but didn't care for the obnoxious way they were treated, heard that from others as well. I am really sorry that I placed so many policies with them and that has come to a halt. Now I am using Aetna more frequently, Somarco's favorite carrier.

I feel like George Costanza getting his picture taken "I put my trust in the wrong person".

Since I started this thread, I wanted to put some good news about AMS on it.

They have paid out more in claims for me than any other carrier, and the level of service has been excellent, based on the responses that I've gotten from the clients.

The Post issue underwriting is frequent with them, but as long as the client is honest on the application, there are no problems that I've seen thus far.

So send them the biz when you have time.

M&M:

Just realised when I came back onto this thread, that I answered the Rabbi's question in the last post. That was accidental, or Freudian, maybe I want to be a Rabbi.

With all due respect Mr. Moderator, they haven't had rate increases like that since they've been a part of UHC.

6/2006

amsratehike2A.jpg

Back