American Medical Security

scott... you know thats common with several carriers that both u and i write... how have those unicare rt increases been lately... or the 29% aetna hit some clients... or the 45% fidelity pounded them... or assurant and their 40% ... or humana and the 30%... and... and ...and ...

Yea...and I try not to write them....not to say that I don't...

scott... you know thats common with several carriers that both u and i write... how have those unicare rt increases been lately... or the 29% aetna hit some clients... or the 45% fidelity pounded them... or assurant and their 40% ... or humana and the 30%... and... and ...and ...

I was a solid producer for them in the late 90's and early 2000. I was selling both the individual products and small group. They were competitive in both areas.

Pacifica bought them to have a presents in the MidWest area. Within 18 month UHC bought Pacifica so they could compete on national level. UHC had already bought Golden Rule to compete in the individual arena. So after the merger with Pacifica they really did not want AMS.
UHC pulled all of AMS sales force and really discontinued a push to sell AMS products atleast in my area. At that same time they did not continue to rent the local networks because they had the UHC networks.

I quit doing business with them because they had no representation. I was not comfortable with not having a sales contact.

It funny this tread was posted I just had a couple of indiviudal renewals come in from AMS from people I can move. The rates still are not that bad.

Back