American National

susieQ

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
TX
Ran across someone with American National today. Premium was really cheap which leads me to believe it's not a true major med. I compare his age and the premium was right around $200 for a $5K deductible with Golden Rule on their HSA and he told me he had a $5K deductible with American National and was paying just a little over $100. What am I missing?

Probably one of their water down saver plan full of hole's....ask him if he is paying a association due each month......

My understanding is that they don't have a true major medical but I haven't been able to get a copy of any of their plans. I'm hoping to get more information before I call him again tomorrow. Common sense dictates that if it's that much cheaper than everybody else there's something missing.

Haven't heard this name in a long time. Is this the group out of Galveston?

If yes - read the policy (you won't get your hands on one), the last one I saw was all chopped up and over priced.

My understanding is that they don't have a true major medical but I haven't been able to get a copy of any of their plans. I'm hoping to get more information before I call him again tomorrow. Common sense dictates that if it's that much cheaper than everybody else there's something missing.

Call the company and request one. If they refuse explain to them that you are going to contact the DOI and let them know that an insurance carrier would not give you a brochure to look over their plans. Then you can use that story during your presentation.

I'm contracted with American National. To my knowledge they don't have major med plans. But they do have killer rates on the med supps in Ohio..

Its' a Catastrophic Complete plan. You can add Dr. visits with $1,000 deductible and Rx. with $500 deductible on all but the CAT HSA plan.
HSA doesn't cover Rx, but it does come with Rx discount, or you can add a GAP or benefit plan.

You can view plan details here. http://www.estateconsultants.net/2006BrochureSinglePage.pdf

Outpatient Dr. visits are capped, but who is going to spend $10,000 on outpatient Dr. visits in a single year? Great value, and I'm paying my agents 25% commission as well.

Also, they aren't going to argue about a pre-existing condition if you went to the chiropractor 3 years ago and then have a tree fall you. Yes, this has happened. Once 24 months has elapsed, no problems with pre-existing arguments in a post underwrite.

Back