American Republic Rates Different with Captive Agents

chrisgjim

Talked to a guy today and he said he just bought American Republic Plan F for $137. I ran a quote with CSG and their rate was $154. Guy calls back later and says he talked to the agent and was told he has Plan F for $137.

I know in IL if you buy BCBS direct from the company it will be cheaper than what I can offer. Does anyone know if American does the same.

I was able to convince him that Plan G with a different company would work out better for him down the road, so I got the sale.

Talked to a guy today and he said he just bought American Republic Plan F for $137. I ran a quote with CSG and their rate was $154. Guy calls back later and says he talked to the agent and was told he has Plan F for $137.

I know in IL if you buy BCBS direct from the company it will be cheaper than what I can offer. Does anyone know if American does the same.

I was able to convince him that Plan G with a different company would work out better for him down the road, so I got the sale.

All I know is that in Iowa you cannot even get appointed to sell Am Repub unless you are captive with them. No other way currently.

You didn't see it, the agent told him that. Doesn't sound right. Both American Republic and American Republic Corp. are shown. That's the same thing their sister company Medico's doing...putting the Corp. on the end of their name and coming in with lower rates. I haven't seen a new American Republic Med Supp in years!

I was a career agent with United American and we couldn't sell the Med Supps for less than the independents(and we got paid less), not sure about American Republic's career side.

I don't think you're correct about BCBS.

don't think you're correct about BCBS.[/QUOTE]

I did not either till a guy last week told me his premium and it was lower than Csg's quote engine. I went to BCBS as a consumer and the quote they gave me was less than what I would charge.

don't think you're correct about BCBS.

I did not either till a guy last week told me his premium and it was lower than Csg's quote engine. I went to BCBS as a consumer and the quote they gave me was less than what I would charge.[/QUOTE]

I just called BCBS and they say it's the same price whether you buy it from an agent or direct.

can either be a select quote, A household discount ( some companies don't require 2 to apply in some states, a smoker being quoted as non smoker by other agent, double check your zip, the other agent can be lying, I've had this one happen a 2 times where the other agent lies to get the sale and then the client calls me back to complain after the account is hit

American Republic has been captive, then broker, and now (apparently) back to captive. Their site only refers to captives.

CSG shows 2 rate levels in GA. One is high, the other higher still. The "low" high rate is coming in #28 out of 36 plan F's.

When they tried brokerage their RVP approached me about selling their major medical product. Pure junk.

I don't think they ever got out of the starting gate on the brokerage side.

Back